Memory map woes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Memory map woes
  • A few weeks ago my MM started crashing every time I tried using it, then the whole computer failed which was then fixed by a local shop. I stupidly forgot to ask them to sort my MM problem out and it still refuses to play. They say it is possibly a registry issue but want another £40 to come out and fix it. Is there any way of completely removing MM from my computer and re-loading it, I have tried uninstalling it normally and it still crashes when re-installing it. It seems to be able to remember my pass keys etc when I try to re-install so there must be something left even when I remove it. Any advice would be gratefully received.

uplink

Did they reinstall the OS?

Can you use System Restore to go back a bit?

Sorry uplink, I should have added that I am a complete numpty regarding such matters. I don’t actually think I should be let loose with a mouse and that tin box that’s on the other end of it. What i really want to do is completely eradicate all traces of MM from my computer and fool it into thinking I’m installing it from scratch. Could this work or will there always be a gemlin which stops me doing this?

uplink

It may be difficult to track down all the registry entries but you could try uninstalling it & then deleting the progam folder

If you’re on XP it’ll be in C:\Program Files\
    It may be called Memorymap – I don’t know as I don’t have it to look

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Memory map woes’ is closed to new replies.