Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Memory Map, let the questions begin!
  • 13thfloormonk

So i’m gradually learning to make memory map do what i want it to, and have almost finished mapping out two weeks riding and hiking on the north west coast, but am unsure about printing it.

Basically in order to view and use the print functions, i need to register online. If i register my home computer, can i ‘print to file’ in order to (ab)use all the fancy printers at work? or would i need to register the program at work and spend an evening doing all my printing there?

Horribly tedious question i know, apologies!

druidh
    Free Member

Install a “PDF Printer” driver on your home PC. This will create PDF files which you can then print anywhere….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am not registered with mine – I use control + Printscreen to get a screen grab and then take the margins of

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

cute pdf works well

13thfloormonk

Should just have emailed you direct druidh! 8)

I appreciated your past advice about digital mapping, plumped for memory map in the end because I had a gift voucher for Tisos, and was already familiar with it.

Have you spoken to the manager Calum on Rose St. Tisos? He’s the second biggest contibutor to Geograph, and was able to point out about three bothies on on leg of my route alone… useful guy to chat to!

13thfloormonk

Sorry, didn’t see the other replies, screen grabbing seemed a bit laborious when my only graphics program is ‘paint’.

Thanks for the tip paulo, was going to go with PDF995 because i use it at work, but i guess they’re all good.

cheers!

druidh
    Free Member

It would be really handy if someone could give you a GPX file with all the bothies marked on it eh? 😉

13thfloormonk

Haha, I’d forgotten that offer!

I seem spoilt for choice up there, almost feel like just taking a bivvy bag in case i can’t get into a bothy, but i’d feel bad for not using the wonderful tent my folks bought me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Memory Map, let the questions begin!’ is closed to new replies.