Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • membership fees
  • harvey
    Free Member

i would be grateful for some advice

i am on the committee of a small association of about 100 members, spread countrywide.

we need a simple way of asking for, and collecting the membership fees annually ( £70)

any thoughts for a simple online system ?

thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Eventbrite? There was a version that did a charity version too.

Either that or an email list and a paypal?

legend
    Free Member

Or email list and bank details

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or gofundme page perhaps?

Whatbwas used for Gnusmus??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or email list and bank details

Some friends who have done this said it was a nightmare as half a dozen forgot to add reference numbers (or meaningful/unique ones) and some claim to have paid when not and others forgot they had.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Also, do you intend to ask them for payment or take it via DD?

Obvz each options relies upon a Seperate bank account as fees are treated as Client money.

Just sayin

Sure you’ve got it covered, but DD is the simplest way of collection… just issue yearly invoices outlining contract etc.

poly
    Free Member

Have a look at GoCardless it provides a way for people like you to take (recurring) direct debit payments from people for 1% fee.  The issue might be encouraging people to use it – perhaps a discount for those who do?

harvey
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. I’ll have a look at those options. It’s a right pita.

CraigW
    Free Member

Membermojo? My running club uses this, seems to work fine. There are fees, but not too expensive for a small club.

theotherjonv

You have to be careful with lists of emails / self made databases nowadays because they come under the GDPR regs; the cycle club I’m on the committee of outsourced our lists last year to BC for this reason – members names / emails / details are maintained by them now.

What does GDPR mean for grassroots clubs?

I’d suggest using a 3rd party who can manage the GDPR for you.

harvey
    Free Member

i like the look of membermojo.  thanks

Northwind

We use Eventbrite often at work, though not usually for paid stuff so I don’t know what their charges are. It’s decent- simple to use, takes a lot of the embuggerment out. Collecting any sort of dues or subs is a nightmare otherwise ime, it’s basically like getting that £10 from that one mate that always owes everyone £10, hundreds of times, with people you’ve never met.

harvey
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Delighted with your help and feedback

Greybeard
    Free Member

Webcollect is another, used by a club I belong to. Similar to Eventbrite but different.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘membership fees’ is closed to new replies.