Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Members discounts + Inov-8 boot review (spoiler: life changing!)
  • big_scot_nanny

TL:DR – Inov8 Pro G boots are amazing! Thanks to STW for the discount 👍

I have 2 pairs of ‘paper’ walking footwear – mahoosive Brasher boots that are about 1 step below full on alpine boots, and a pair of Salomon gore-tex trail running type things.

The Brashers are 10yrs old, still in good nick, but are big heavy 100% stiff boots so not really everyday wear. (though with big gaiters too, one does feel totally invincible).

My Salomon’s, really the dog walking shoes everyday, are very comfy but a bit flexy for any proper conditions, and at 3yrs old the gore tex is now knackered and the soles almost worn through any lugs/grip. Autumn conditions mean constant sideways slipping at the moment, not fun!

I remembered seeing the Inov-8 discount thing in the members area and thought it was crap as they don’t do MTB shoes. However a google for gore-tex walking shoes raised their Roclite Pro G 400 boot as a pretty good lightweight option.

20% discount brought them down the realms of not completely ridiculous, and given how much I would wear them seemed a reasonable expense.

I’ve got muckle big feet, wide, and with hammer toes (lovely!), so new shoes are always a terrifying experience. However:
    Comfortable!
    Light!
    Waterproof!
    Amazingly grippy! (like, fresh shorty grippy)
    Did I mention comfortable?!?

+ they’ve got graphene. Making the walking trails come alive, baby yeah!

Game. Changers. Boom!

The family is sick of me ranting about them, so thought I’d do it on here instead 🙂

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve fairly wide toes and yeah, inov8 have a lovely wide toe box.

I’ve never noticed that they do boots (I’ve some running shoes of theirs), those do look good though!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Members discounts + Inov-8 boot review (spoiler: life changing!)’ is closed to new replies.