Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • melon optics alleycat
  • whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

interested in a pair of riding glasses and having clicked on a alleycat link, i’m bombarded with melon optics adverts, i need a big lense to stop any mud flying into my eyes, my tifosi crit, just didnt cut a wet 20 miles around the peaks yesterday.

do they steam up at all?

its blackfriday next week got an email yesterday and they are doing 30% off bundles and 15%-25% off, depending on BF / cyber monday etc

they come with a clear lense 0, I’ll wear the majority of the time, so what low rating proper lense should i get, i’m undecided between amber and red chrome,

riding around west yorkshire / peaks. so the proper sunglasses lense wont be much good..

v7fmp

I am also interested in these. The misery of picking mud out of my eye has lost its charm!

Good to know they come with a clear lens, for some reason I couldn’t see what was included.

Hopefully the 30% off bundles are decent, rather than filled with stuff you don’t need.

Also interested to hear some feedback. Comfort levels etc.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve always had Oakley to the point where you’d class me a bit of a fan boy. Currently have a pair of black Sutro’s but having been blasted with Melon ads I decided to give them a go. Has to be said, the lense is as good if not better than the Oaks’, and being cheaper I’m more likely to reach for them in grim weather. I’d say definitely go for it and the customer service has also been excellent.

Note: You’ll still get Melon ads all the time…

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

v7fmp, yes exactly that, picking mud out of the eye, yesterday top of alpine behind ladybower inn and then the top of cavedale wet splat in my eye to setoff isnt a great start :0(

Thanks @flange, which lense did you get, presuming you have only used the clear lense so far.
    so the ads continue

flange
    Free Member

hahah nope – only used the darker lense, swapping lenses between the two looks a brutal experience so I resorted to another set of Jawbreakers with clear lenses for dull days.

Can’t actually remember which ones I ordered, but they’re nice. Is there a more unhelpful post on the internet…?

tuboflard

I’ve got a pair, they’re very good. Wanted something with an interchangeable lens as liked the look of the Oakley Sutro’s but for the same price got the clear lenses too.

The clear lens is actually a very subtle tint but still fine for night or cloudy riding. I’ve gone for the amber lens as prefer better riding in and out of trees rather than total tint for super sunny days. The hydrophobic coating seems to work well too.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

in that case i’ll get which ever pack is discounted the most

w00dster

For those not wanting to swap lenses, photochromic are worth looking at.
    Im a bit of a serial sunglasses buyer, normally an Oakley fanboy, but find the 100% Photochromic to be a a bit of a revelation.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Thanks tubolard I’ll get the amber then

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve got some on test/review & they have been pretty good.

Point of note is the clear lense isnt actually clear, so don’t expect it to be.

Quality wise is good, the do steam up a small amount of you are pushing, and they are a little fussy on helmets as to whether they knock. Have found it especially bad against a TLD A2 bit fine with a POC Tectel for example.

They arnt as good as the Smith Wildcats, but they are 2/3 of the price.

frogstomp
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Code BF2020VIP 20% off =£96 delivered code expires Friday 27 nov2020

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

no reviews on here so i’ll add one,

well i’ve worn these glasses with the low light lens on 5 rides now,
    vision is great, fit is great, no interference with helmet, i’ve had to check ive got glasses on a couple of times, as no frame can be seen, feel like you haven’t got glasses on.

a very wet gisburn yesterday and they performed briliantly, steamed up a couple of times when i stopped. otherwise clear all the way round.

2x nightrides local never stopped so never steamed up. splattered in mud and non in my eyes, out on my gravel bike, worked very well too..

expensive but after having an onslaught of mud in the eyes recently definately a good investment.

package wise nice outer cardbox, inner hard case, soft case and a spare lense, numerous colours to go for and lense colours, delivered really fast, would make an ideal xmas present..

SOAP
    Free Member

The lenses are awesome and fit great even if they do make you look a bit of a knob 🙂
    Just pull them down your nose a bit when climbing or stopped.

jimdubleyou

Took my pair out for their first ride today.

It rained a lot. They got steamed up a fair bit, but this isn’t anything unusual for me.

In the end they went in my pocket as they were too annoying.

endomick
    Free Member

Far too 80s retro, I’m waiting for them to make a good looking pair, hopefully version 2 wont make you look like you should have a mullet hairdo with neon pink n green race kit holding on to bar ends on a 23″ flat handlebar.

jimdubleyou

you should have a mullet hairdo with neon pink n green race kit holding on to bar ends on a 23″ flat handlebar.

Have you been stalking me ? 🤣

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘melon optics alleycat’ is closed to new replies.