Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Megavalanche 2023
  • stumpy120
    Free Member

Thinking about giving the Mega a go for the first time this year.

Any ideas how on the ball you need to be about getting an entry in? Will it sell out quickly or are entries available for a decent amount of time after entries open?

twistedpencil

Entries will be available for a long time, I’m going back this year, but will be holding off for a month or so to pay for cheerleading competitions in the next month or so, so flipping pricey!

jamesoz

Just took a look at this years prices, bloody cheap really considering 8days lift pass is included.

Northwind

Yeah but who wants 8 days lift pass in Huez? There’s good riding there, but not that much. (it should be much better now with the lift up from the bottom, mind) But yeah the event price is awesome value considering everything that’s going on,imagine what it’d cost if it was in Peebles! I wish I’d had the energy to do some more of the other stuff. Are they doing the elevation drop challenge this year? I fancied a crack at that…

We split the riding between les 2 and huez and that worked well since they’re so close together, and gives not just a load more good riding but also more variety and tbh a nicer resort. You could realistically commute between the two but we did a few days stay in each. And obviously lots of other locations nearby, if/when we go back I’ll be agitating to spend a few days up at La Thuile and area, and then moving down to Huez.

v7fmp

I did it for the first time last year, what an experience!!

Tickets should be available until the last minute, i dont think it even sold out last year.

The two mates i did it with have done it before, so we ended up practicing the main course a few times and the quali a couple of times.

On our first day we went over to Les 2 Alps. It was shockingly bad. Some of the worst trails i have ever ridden. But we were only there for a day and just rode the ‘main’ ones. there could be some hidden treats.

But the Mega is such an awesome experience. Hearing the starting music still makes my hair stand up on end now!

Go forth and enjoy! 🙂

kimbers

I emmer off there will be much snow this year?

But yes, brilliant race

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.