Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)
  • Megan Stammers runs off with teacher
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Well he is frikked for life, she seemed to go with him of her own freewill but that doesn’t make it right.

Some hysterical stuff on the radio today has had me thinking about this. Still don’t know what to think apart from the bloke must be some kind of idiot.

wwaswas

Just a bit sad for all concerned.

It was never going to end well for anyone. really.

Karinofnine

I agree, he has thrown his career and marriage away, what a shame.

I bet it all feels so real too – especially for Megan. Remember when you were young?

I just hope they don’t get panicked into doing anything silly or dangerous.

Oh, does that sound a bit cynical and disillusioned? Sorry. Maybe it IS the real thing.

GrahamS

Surely that should read…

“r.. r.. r..uns..off..w..w..ith..t..t..t… teacher.” ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know a teacher who did this[ well sort of] – not to running off levels but they ended up married and have 3 kids and still together 25 years later. He left the school when she did and no one ever found out – he denies anything happened at school I am not fully convinced.

Still my main reaction is WTF were you thinking of mr 30 year old married professional – hard to see how it ends well and not fair on her family the worry that is being caused

Stoner
    Free Member

so which Euro nations to flee to have 15yrs for the age of consent?

mcboo
    Free Member

At no point on the drive to the Channel did he think “Maybe this isnt such a great idea”?

I don’t care how many extra hours he puts in, he isn’t getting a pay rise.

Pigface
    Free Member

Graham S very sharp 😆

mt
    Free Member

Do you think he’ll get a pay rise for extra hours?

scuzz
    Free Member

Have laws been broken?

Karinofnine

Lol – yes when I heard Megan Stammers I thought “Oh, does she?”

geoffj

Have laws been broken?

Stoner – Member

😕

Kryton57

scuzz – Member
    Have laws been broken?

Yes, he’s abducted a minor at least. Her age doesn’t allowed her consent to stand. Plus anything else which I really hope hasn’t happened… 😯

nealglover
    Free Member

Nowhere in Europe

(EDIT) I was thinking of the age at which they could Marry in Europe)

Stoner
    Free Member

Have laws been broken?

isnt there one about not shagging your pupils/patients/charges/inmates etc regardless of their age if you are in a responsible position?

ski
    Free Member

At 15, 20 would be old, let alone 30! 😯

Funny how when you get to 30, 45 is not such an issue 😉

That’s what I hope too

martinhutch

Yep, any sexual relationship between a teacher and his/her pupil under the age of 18 is a criminal offence in the UK.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Have laws been broken?

As a minimum it is gross missconduct which will see him sacked and not allowed to teach again and I think that any relationship of this nature between a teacher and pupil is also subject to additional sanctions that would not be the case were the adult not a teacher.

novaswift
    Free Member

Kryton 57 “plus anything else” I imagine that ship has sailed also!

Markie
    Free Member

Hopefully unduly pessimistically, I think it may already be over 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

so in theory, if he hands in his notice, and waits till they get to Spain, then he’s in the clear?

headfirst
    Free Member

I don’t care how many extra hours he puts in, he isn’t getting a pay rise.

*stands and applauds mcboo*

duckman

isnt there one about not shagging your pupils/patients/charges/inmates etc regardless of their age if you are in a responsible position?

Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post

There is up here. It was brought in after a high profile case about 10 years ago when the music teacher at an aberdeen school set up home with a by-then pregnant 17yo pupil.And he hadn’t broken the law becuase she was over the age of consent.
    “Abuse of a postion of trust.” Or something like that…not sure as I will never hear the words spoken to me in the back of a police car.

wwaswas

Stoner – I suspect there may be a caveat about both people beign under a certain age for the spain thing (but I don;t know).

novaswift
    Free Member

How long til this topic is closed?

GrahamS

From that map: age of consent 20? Blimey, where’s that??

And what would be the point of Fresher’s Week?

bikebouy
    Free Member

This really seems odd to me. I can’t think why anyone would run off with a 15yr old, teacher or no teacher. If the pair of them are 15 then hey..,, you could kind of understand but then they’d get no further than the ferry terminal I guess. But this blokes a (cough) responsible adult and she’s so clearly a minor.
    I’m not waiting to hear the facts, the Mans an idiot pure and simple. No excuses on this one. I feel for her mind, she must be going through all sorts of mixed emotions and messages. And no doubt too frightened to come home, poor kid. He, well in true STW style should MTFU and contact the authorities now and do the honourable thing.

Having said all that my Sister had an affair with our Drama teacher and he got the sack there and then, my Sister ran away from home, took us 14mths to find her, turned out she went to That London and ended up in a Convent.

Klunk
    Free Member

yes he’s been an idiot, but some of the 15yr old girls I knew at school wouldn’t take no for an answer.

IHN

Yep, any sexual relationship between a teacher and his/her pupil under the age of 18 is a criminal offence in the UK.

You see, I don’t understand this. The age of consent is the age of consent, why does the circumstances of the professional relationship between the parties matter?

Stoner
    Free Member

wwaswas – wiki says only limit is under 16 by deceit.

duckman

IHN Because the teacher could have been grooming the pupil for years.

IHN

IHN Because the teacher could have been grooming the pupil for years.

And a non-teacher could have been grooming a minor for years and waited until they turned 16 to take it a step further, but that’s not illegal (not that it’s right, obviously)

The point of the age of consent is that it’s the age at which you are deemed to be capable of making and to be responsible for your own (sexual) actions. I don’t think that the law should should say that you’re capable in some situations and not in others.

neninja
    Free Member

One of my mates ended up married to his science teacher after he left school (long since divorced now though). She’d be in trouble these days.

mogrim

Stoner – I suspect there may be a caveat about both people beign under a certain age for the spain thing (but I don;t know).

Apparently not, the caveat is that if one person is over 18, and the other under, the elder person cannot use deceit (or obviously force) to obtain consent. Not quite sure how that works out in practise, and either way outside of gypsy (and possibly Moroccan immigrant) communities it wouldn’t be socially acceptable.

kcal

likewise at our school, it was the drama teacher IIRC.

still married as far as I know… also, fairly common knowledge at the time, even to me who was fairly out of the loop; things were just different I guess.

Stoner
    Free Member

IHN – I think the idea is to remove undue influence. i.e. a kind of subtle bribery – “boff me and you get good grades”, “boff me and I’ll sort you out with the good meds”, “boff me and I’ll get you on light duties” etc etc.

Klunk
    Free Member

Stoner you’re such a charmer.

djglover
    Free Member

My money is on this: She is pregnant and he hasn;t been able to pursuade her to have an abortion.

IHN

IHN – I think the idea is to remove undue influence. i.e. a kind of subtle bribery – “boff me and you get good grades”, “boff me and I’ll sort you out with the good meds”, “boff me and I’ll get you on light duties” etc etc

But, again, at 16 you’re deemed as capable of making the decision as to whether to boff the person or not, or to report them to whomever for the undue influence that they are trying to exert.

project
    Free Member

and theres me thinking teachers had stopped doing any extra curricular activiites.

or just perhaps theyre doing a u tube remake of Clockwork a film with John Cleese as a head master who runs off with one of his pupils.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘Megan Stammers runs off with teacher’ is closed to new replies.