Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mega Tr275 with 160 forks anyone tried it?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Got a tr275 frame to build up, was thinking of some 160’s, probably pikes if I can find a good deal,
    Just wondered if anyone is riding one set up similar, I know the stock set up 150 revs or even 140’s on the cheaper model, but I’m looking for something that is good downhill but still pedals.
    Also are dual position pikes worth a go or better with standard ones?
    Cheers mark.

BoardinBob

AM is the 160mm version

TR is supposed to be shorter travel with the same geometry. I’m guessing bigger forks on the TR will make it handle like a shopping trolley

p7rich
    Free Member

NP recommend 140-160mm for the TR. My old TR was on 150mm and was a dream. Geo almost identical on TR275, hence me building my new TR275 with 150mm. 🙂

tops5
    Free Member

Had 160mm Lyriks on my 26″ Tr – handled great!

carlphillips
    Free Member

150mm on mine (275tr) but as they are x fusion vengeance they have a tall a2c measurement so recon you’d be fine with 160mm.
    Having said that 150mm is the sweet spot ime
    Probably the best trail bike I’ve ever ridden and eggs me on try stupid things…

p7rich
    Free Member

…eggs me on try stupid things…

Glad it’s not just me.

p7rich
    Free Member

Can you buy 160 Pikes and drop them to 150mm if it doesn’t work out for you? No idea if you can with Pikes.

mark_rich
    Free Member

I’m not sure how easy it is to change travel on pikes, I’ll have a look, it was on my mind, also makes the forks suitable for pretty much any enduro bike at 160 if I change frames in the future.
    Looking forward to getting it built, just lacking wheels and forks, I’m hoping it’s gunna be more fun and versatile than the stumpy evo 29er I have now.
    I did think about the AM but thought the TR would be more fun on all but the knarliest stuff.

blahblahblah
    Free Member

You need a new Air Spring Shaft if you want to change the travel on Pikes.

Good news is that they only cost about £30. So buy a 160mm fork and drop it to 150mm with a new part, if you don’t get on with it at 160mm.

Edit: PS I DIDN’T link the precise part you need to buy. Just an example of what it is. The one I linked is for a 29er Pike fork. (Couldn’t find the 650b example in a 2 minute search)

mark_rich
    Free Member

That sounds like a plan, cheers for that bit of knowledge blahblah, do u know if the same applies to the dual position fork???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mega Tr275 with 160 forks anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.