• This topic has 91 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Meeting women
  • donald
    Free Member

Dance classes – Ceroc, Leroc or Salsa.

It’s like an parallel universe to Mountain Biking. 80% women to 20% men (and some of the men aren’t there to meet women).

conkerman
    Free Member

They must be good with colours then 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with me I have you know!

Anyway, Rich knows me so doesn’t need to hear you ‘kind’ words IHN 😉

Sandwich

[Tannoy} Houns to the forum please. [/Tannoy]

samuri
    Free Member

If you just want to have sex with someone, go to a club.
    If you want to meet someone nice, go to the library. (this isn’t a joke, it really is a good place)

It’s like an parallel universe to Mountain Biking. 80% women to 20% men (and some of the men aren’t there to meet women).

Aah, gay blokes. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Aren’t supermarkets the new in place to hook up?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Rich – meeting people online is NOT the way to go…..trust me
    Yeah, look at the ones we’ve managed to make friends with from here!!!!!

Erm… 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t believe you’re asking this question on here.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Font of all knowledge, STW, innit?

cinnamon_girl

B & Q/Homebase?

I had an interesting experience discussing lawnmowers!!

Alternatively, enjoy the quiet life for a bit.

djglover
    Free Member

Font, yes, of knowledge though>? 🙄

miketually
    Free Member

Font of all knowledge? More like a bucket of piss.

😉

ziggy
    Free Member

knowledge not always based on fact 😉

My lads new school teacher is fairly fit, perhaps you could go hang around some schools?

Also ask your ex, I’ve been recommended that way before to new women.

cinnamon_girl

Supermarkets? I wouldn’t want people seeing what’s in my trolley, might think I’m an alcoholic!

And then would it be Tesco or Waitrose? Or Aldi? Surely you guys must have a totty rating scheme for each one??!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

“shop-girling” in department stores is my principal “grounds for divorce” activity.

😉

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Yo man! is betty not enough woman for you! 😉

I got asked out in the que at scotmid last friday. Very random

Its always the way though, if your single every pub you go to is a sausage fest and as soon as your snagged then women come out of the wood work.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Supermarkets? I wouldn’t want people seeing what’s in my trolley, might think I’m an alcoholic!

That’s a good point, CG.

‘Ah, I see you’re a Meths man; goodbye!’

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its all about economics…………….. (its not, but its a good starting point for an explination)

If everyone rated themselves out of 10 then that would be your buying power, and assuming an equal number of 10/10 men and 10/10 women etc youd get an equaly good match in a perfect world.

Now say 3.3/10 is rated on appearance, 3.3/10 is on personality and 3.3/10 is on other things like a fancy job, house etc. Obviously your personal oppinions dictate the exact weightings. So for example a dumb blond rates 3.3/10 and a rich, ugly, socialy inept, business man similarly rates 3.3/10.

Now you can only be rated on the first one by first impressions, but…………

if your seen chatting to a pretty lady (say an 8.5 on the above rating system) then other women will get an indication of what your other characteristics are like, based on the principle that a if she’s a good catch then so must you be (so your score jumps form a max of 3.3/10 to 8.5/10. Where’as an equaly good (or better) looking bloke on his own in the bar doesnt score as highly.

Try it, go for a drink with a friend/ex (preferably good looking) after work, then hang arround afterwards and see if you can get chatting to any of the other women in the bar/cafe/wherever.

hora
    Free Member

People seem to think you have to go out to somewhere new (club) or go on an internet site to meet members of the opposite sex. Part of the problem is you are surrounded daily by the opposite sex, alot will know you but you’ve tuned your brain into ‘I have to travel to find’ mode. On my coffee-run in the morning I always open the door to a couple of girls/shared-smile etc. A couple of girls glanced my way the other week, you just have to learn the signals again. Eye-contact, smile, etc. Its not that hard. You only come across pervy if you worried you will look that way. I dont want to sound ‘bigheaded’ as Im not and I aint no looker either but being sensitive, relaxed and friendly drops alot of girls defenses at work, friends, immediate environment where you hang out etc. I was at the bar in Edinburgh at the weekend got into a dialogue with a girl over the barman. Innocent but deep down she didnt know Quagmire was within me…and shock and awe wasnt far from my mind….. ;oD

MoreCashThanDash

I found going on a charity walk up Ben Nevis worked a treat, but you may want to wait till the wether warms up a bit….

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

At my age I hang around outside the bingo halls

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thanks all.

some great points there and thanks to all who know me 🙂

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Confidence is the key.

Also give compliments, women spend hours getting ready as we all know. They like being told that have done a good job.

enfht
    Free Member

rohypnol?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Have a chat with Keith in Biketreks!!

He got me and MrFC together!!! 8)

will
    Free Member

Get drunk, apply the beer goggles…

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Don’t write off getting involved in ‘male’ orientated hobbies. If you increase your circle of male friends as they will have sisters / female friends you can bump into.

Treat all women nicely/well when in any group. There is nothing more off putting than a bloke who shows interest in one woman and is rude or off hand with all the other women with her (ie they are an inconvenience in his way). Most women are flattered by a little marked attention, but not rude excluding behaviour towards people she cares about. It is surprising how many men are rude in this way – it points a great deal to the less pleasant side of their personality.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Language evening classes at your local university or college. I went last year and in a class of about 20 there were 3 guys, only 2 under 50. Then the whole class is asking them about their relationship status, what they like, where they go for drinks etc etc etc. You’re basically chatting them up a little bit each lesson.

TheSanityAssassin

FoxyChick – Member
    Have a chat with Keith in Biketreks!!

He got me and MrFC together!!!

Sounds like an invitation…

Who’s up for a threesome with these two then?

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve found walking into bars and shouting ‘I’m Hora, shag me till my ears bleed!’ at the top of my voice works wonders. Women drop their defences instantly, now I’m not immodest, but believe me, being a self-promoting, sex-obsessed sleazebag really does work. Women love it. They know exactly what I’m after and my ‘Shock and Awe’ thong is the finishing touch. Rudebot, e’s well fit innit geezer? Etc, ad nauseum…

footflaps

Met my GF on FitnessSingles, had a great time with that site. Only a member for 3 months, went on a load of dates MTBing, walking in the Peaks etc with really nice women nd somewhere around date #10 met my current GF (MTBing in Peaks) and cancelled membership the next week.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*chuckles* 8)

Glad to see you back here TSA!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

He has just turned up at my house with a bottle of wine and some flowers for MrsWCA!!!!

Cheers Rich

zaskar
    Free Member

Web dating?

Or just say how you doin?

Don’t ask out ladies from work-if you have to dump them and you see them again everyday they will go bright red and wish you were dead.

Meet in a night club-yep great class of lady there not!

DaveGr
    Free Member

If you’re good looking / confident / find chatting to women easy then …. internet*, bar, club, hobbies, evening school etc. etc.

If you’re not then try solo night riding – you meet the same number of women but you enjoy yourself !!! Trust me, I speak from experience 😉

* OK so I met a few of the internet fruit cakes – you’re the third or fourth bloke they’ve met this week and you haven’t made the top five.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My lads new school teacher is fairly fit, perhaps you could go hang around some schools?

I seriously think that could end in tears!

I think theres a site called fitness singles or something similar, which is meant to be good for meeting people who are into sports other than football.

Personally I’d rather be single than go hunting, if I came across someone while going about the things I enjoy then all good, otherwise it’s too forced!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dave, night ridding arroud dogging spots doest count as dateing!

anyone you meet on the internet = a fruitcake, however good in bed they may be

burmaboy
    Free Member

Ok,obviously you are struggling to meet chicks. Ive never had a problem since I learnt to dance.

Women actually adore men who can dance.
    I personally breakdance, and I know about half the guys that breakdance at the same club as me do it to pull chicks. It is amazing. They are bog standard looking guys. Soon as they show a bit of confidence on the dance floor women start showing interest. Women are always coming up and asking how I learnt, where they can. how amazing it looks. Now, isnt that an easy way start talking to girls!

Now breakdancing is not for everyone. I have also started Salsa lessons. My god. So many single ladies go. Never enough men. Guess what, you get to dance with all of them ! And Salsa is just about as sensual as a dance gets. Apart from argentinian tango. But thats just flipping ridiculous!!

Even if you cant dance for shit for the first 4 attempts, you will eventually pick it up. And the ladies will appreciate a man who can lead.

Make sure you smell fresh, have a nice after shave like ‘issey miyake’ or Diesel fuel for life. Fresh breath and you are away!!

Good Luck !!

alwyn
    Free Member

Local swimming club, chicks adore a man in tight speedos.

solamanda
    Free Member

If you want to meet someone nice, go to the library. (this isn’t a joke, it really is a good place)

Agreed.

Hanging around with an attractive female friend works wonders for getting eye contact from other girls. Even if they’re wondering how on earth you’re together ;O)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Meeting women’ is closed to new replies.