Meeting Venue in Manchester – any ideas?

Home Forum Chat Forum Meeting Venue in Manchester – any ideas?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Meeting Venue in Manchester – any ideas?
  • Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

I need somewhere relatively quiet for a business meet – hotel would be good (bar/cafe rather than bedroom – its not that kind of meet!). As close to Piccadilly as possible but looking to avoid really busy, noisy places.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

hora

I’ve used the Malmaisson next to Picadilly station.

Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

Thanks – assuming the conference centre will charge. I will take another look at the Malmaisson – used it before and it was very busy and loud. That was the bar at the front though – they may have quieter areas I guess.

Any other suggestions anyone?

hora

Theres a quieter area away from the bar. Give reception a tinkle.

Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

Thanks Hora – I’ll get there early and find a good spot.

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

Malmaison bar used to be good for meetings, but the interior has been completely remodelled and the quiet areas that are left are quite dark and pokey. I’d recommend the Britannia Hotel. It’s a bit of a dive to actually stay in, but avoid the branded bars at the front (One is called Wave IIRC) and go straight in past reception and there’s an ok and very quiet bar area. Alternatively the Thistle hotel next to it would be a good bet. Both are at the top end of Portland Street facing out towards Piccadilly Gardens

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The Nags Head used to do rooms by the hour. I don’t think they were for ‘meetings’ as such. The hand-written poster above the bar said they were available for hire by the hour, for those who felt the need for a ‘power nap’

You could try them. They’ve got a pool table too

RooleyMoor

The Annexe at the Cornerhouse is good, a 10 min walk from Picadilly but has the added benefit of a good bar..

http://www.cornerhouse.org/venue-hire/function-rooms/annexe-event-space-hire

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Meeting Venue in Manchester – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.