Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Meeting people off of here………………….;o)
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I didn't actually realise that was Hora as he was nothing like I was expecting. He surprised me in a good way.

cinnamon_girl

What never ceases to amaze me is that the most vocal/aggressive/argumentative (delete as appropriate) people on here can be so nice 😯

Of course I would not go so far as to name names but genuinely hope that I might be included in this observation

Pook

What were you expecting Mr P?

mboy
    Free Member

What never ceases to amaze me is that the most vocal/aggressive/argumentative

Who you calling Argumentative? 😉

Met many people from here now, and the one thing that never ceases to amaze me is just how small a world it is… For instance, got chatting to Bananaworld off here at the last mass Swinley meet… Wasn't sure but something about his face looked vaguely like I recognised him from a dim and distant past… Sure enough, he was in the year below me at school!

hora
    Free Member

mi©k – rode your 456 in anger(ish) for the first time this weekend 😀

I still think you are all gay/old for not admiring that cute bar maid 🙄

psling
    Free Member

I've met quite a few off here over the years but my big problem is that I'm useless at recognising people again or remembering names. Probably appear a right ignorant barsteward sometimes… Sorry 😳

Mister-P
    Free Member

More opinionated and more volume if I am honest.

hora
    Free Member

I've not met anyone that I didn't like. Even people who Ive had a disagreement with 'online'.

The scary thing is I've found we have alot of shared values/other things in common.

Mister P – I was quiet on Sat? 😯

You missed me mentioning the text that I sent saying I wanted to bum my boss? 🙄 😆

Kit
    Free Member

I've yet to meet lowey, having had many friendly exchanges over the past 4 or 5 years on STW. One of these days. One of these days…

nbt

hora – Member

I still think you are all gay/old for not admiring that cute bar maid

Or married and sitting next to my wonderful wife, perhaps?

mboy
    Free Member

I've met quite a few off here over the years but my big problem is that I'm useless at recognising people again or remembering names. Probably appear a right ignorant barsteward sometimes…

LOL

In that case I'm very honoured you didn't forget me the other week after a mere 4 1/2 years since the last time we met…

What does that say about me though? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Good point.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I still think you are all gay/old for not admiring that cute bar maid

Who says I wasn't?

Oh, and I think we need pics of the boss

Pook

Good point.

and she was behind me so I couldn't see her

hora
    Free Member

Oh, and I think we need pics of the boss

She is actually good looking but Ive worked with her so long that I don't see her for just her looks.

I am also a married man. Still you are allowed to enter the art gallery, admire the beauty whilst adhering to the 'do not touch the display' signs 8)

ourkidsam
    Free Member

nice analogy

miketually
    Free Member

Ive worked with her so long that I don't see her for just her looks.

Hora in "not actually controlled entirely by his penis" shock.

Pook

Junkyard
    Free Member

I've yet to meet lowey

You wont be disappointed by the mans greatness have you tried here on a Thursday?

he is not in the picture

hora
    Free Member

I once met Lowey. He tried crushing my hand Jaws-style

jedi

i am the same online as i am in person i hope

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i am the same online as i am in person i hope

but with a sword that lights up and goes "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztt!" ??

Houns

8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Has anybody ever met Captain Flashheart? He seems a perfect web-based creature, I wonder what he's like in real-life situations. Does he ask the butler to fix a puncture? 😉

jedi

of all the people i have met from here over the years there's only one that i disliked

trail_rat
    Free Member

njee is brand new
    Stuartie C is the purveoyor of great rides !
    4thdeadmonk ive known for years and is sound
    Smee is a top bloke in real life (once he realises you can kick his ass on a bike 😉
    twinklydave and richpips are good guys for having a prerace pint with
    Met Tj last weekend at puffer – top bloke – let me have his jacket because i was freezing my nackers off in the marque
    "alek" is a girl !

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Ambrose,

I think we met via that "other" mtb forum 😉 that's gone quiet!!!! 🙄

We have had fun over the past Summer on Ambrose Adventures PLC tours, usually involves river crossings, rock climbs, pot-holing, wildlife, an odd bothie now and again and without doubt an alcoholic beverage with pig nuts 😀 fliipn fantastic!!

Hope to hook up with all you Swansea valley boys again very soon 😉

Nezbo
    Free Member

I am not to sure what i am like on or off line, i am who i am 😕 just hope i am not to much of a T**T or T*T 🙂

Met some great people this weekend, would gladly meet you all again 🙂

Good times…

aleigh
    Free Member

i've met a few people on here and have made some great friends 😀

Met a few – muffin-man who's a sound bloke

Rob (another sound chap), Luke (RolfHarris) & Farley plus maybe one or two others.

All decent blokes – still see a fair bit of Rob, when we both get round to getting our arses out riding.

trail_rat
    Free Member

oh yeah , simply_oli , jojo , jcromton , superstaropponants are all top folk too …

RichPenny
    Free Member

Has anybody ever met Captain Flashheart?

Apparently he frequents my LBS, so I might have seen him. Like you, I am convinced that he is purely digital in nature, some kind of posh bot inhabiting the net.

I've loved all the forum rides, but I'm convinced loads of people are on their best behaviour. I crashed into someone once through idiocy and got no abuse at all 🙂 A normal riding mate would've called me a ****, and rightly so.

nbt

RichPenny – Member

I've loved all the forum rides, but I'm convinced loads of people are on their best behaviour. I crashed into someone once through idiocy and got no abuse at all A normal riding mate would've called me a ****, and rightly so.

Damn right, in our group crashing into anything will see laughter, piss-taking and help, in that order

lowey

I've met probably around 40 odd people from here and everyone of the riders I have met from here have been great. Would happily share a beer or two with them.

Kit, your down in the lakes soon arnt you ?

radoggair
    Free Member

oh yeah , simply_oli , jojo , jcromton , superstaropponants are all top folk too …

but who's the bestest you've ever met??? 😉

jedi

richpenny's mid ride drink is the best 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

I just met jedi and bushwacked, both nice guys, and good riders. Plus I learnt how to do a disaster! I need to practice, but I've got the basics now…

slugwash
    Free Member

I met Simon Ralli in my local High Street today when I nipped out on an errand….

I've also met another 900 people from this forum when I went on an STW Quantocks ride 😉

Taff
    Free Member

I don't think I've met anyone on this forum despite having loads of riders living locally. Not sure if I've seen CG at Swinley or whether it was just a female rider!

Junkyard
    Free Member

shakes head at someone who lives in Totnes- glad I escaped back ooop North

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Meeting people off of here………………….;o)’ is closed to new replies.