Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Medium-Sized Spec Pitch owners , please come to the fore…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Not sure what size dropper to buy.

How tall are you and what length dropper do you have?

Cheers folks.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have a medium Pitch but I just use the seat QR. 🙂
    If you mean diameter though most Specializeds including the Pitch are 30.9mm

SOAP
    Free Member

I can let you know tomorrow…

craig5

You need to be running a minimum of 160 mm seat post extension to run a 100mm drop reverb. That’s what I run, 30.9mm dia 355mm long. In hindsight I could have got a 125mm reverb just about to fit me. I’m 5,11 and run a 50mm stem, may try a 70mm stem as the reverb has no layback and the original seat post had about 20mm layback. So I’m a little bit cramped but it’s no big deal. Best bit of kit I ever bought, had it about a month. Still getting used to it. Bike discount de.com £210 approx delivered was the cheapest I could find it for. Remember the remote is left or right specific.

patriotpro
    Free Member

PP – yeh it’s the length I am stuck on, got a 400mm rigid in at the mo.

SOAP – cheers, let me know when you can…

craig5 – so from that I should, being 6′, be suited with a 380mm shaft 125mm drop would you say? Is the 380mm measurement taken from a fully extended post?

schnor
    Free Member

5ft 8 here with a joplin 4R (it was cheap! in fairness though it’s been perfect – with a lot of TLC – for the last 18 months or so). Google says it’s got a 398mm post length, which I assume is measured on all dropped posts as from the post bottom up to the seal / collar thing.

Fully inserted mine is about 1″ proud, which as it happens is perfect for me height wise.

Talking to another medium Pitch owner also with a Joplin 4 I randomly met last year (who was around 6′), he had it clamped fairly high up but wasn’t particularly happy compared to mine how little the seat dropped in comparison to how high his saddle was, if you get me.

So if you were even thinking about one, don’t get a joplin 4! Looking at your measurements I think you should be fine with a 125mm reverb: –

Joplin 4 = 100mm + 398mm = 498mm
    Reverb = 125mm + 380 mm = 505mm

As it’s our height difference I assume you’d have something like ~4″ of post showing

SOAP
    Free Member

5’10” and normal length limbs.
    420mm reverb and I have it 75mm out of the frame .
    It can only go down another 10mm.

Hope that helps.

patriotpro
    Free Member

SOAP – What drop is that post? Looking at that photo, the amount of seatpost looks near enough spot on what i have showing at pedalling-height. (inside leg measurement of 31″). Bike looks well btw 🙂

schnor – Thanks for laying it down in lay-man’s terms. PS – It is a reverb I will be buying. As much as the colour-scheme of Joplin would match my frame, I couldn’t cope with all the TLC they demand to keep them running in good order 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Medium-Sized Spec Pitch owners , please come to the fore…’ is closed to new replies.