Medium Scott ransom 30. Marz 55's. Everything else is new!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Medium Scott ransom 30. Marz 55's. Everything else is new!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Medium Scott ransom 30. Marz 55's. Everything else is new!
  • lister11

Here for sale is my Scott Ransom 30 (alloy). These are fantastic bikes and have been getting awesome reviews sice day one.Thay were made for about 5 years they were that happy with them. The travel adjust on the back operates from 165mm – 95mm – 0mm all from the handle bar remote and once you get into it you’ll use it as much as the gears its so useful. It pedals super well, even at 165mm because of the stiff initial platform (speed sensitive compression internally).

It has QR drop outs on currently but I have some 12mm ones (with axle) that can be negotiated for (ie pay full price and they come with it). They cost around £45 new.

It is a medium 2007. Obsessivly looked after. Fantastic condition. The Chainstay was replaced last May with a newer (beefier) one that is spotless because of the tube stopping chain slap. The bearings in June. The rear shock was serviced in August 2011 (paperwork here).

The Forks are Marzocchi 55 ata. 2008. I know that this was a weak ass year for Marz, especially with the air forks. That’s why these have been swapped out to coil by windwave in August last year (paperwork here). This has solved the reliability issue but at the expense of the travel adjust. Meaning they are at 160mm. Compression is adjustable by an air valve still and rebound by an external knob.

The headset is a FSA one that is used but working well.

I bought a new Mondraker Dune at an unrefuseable price and swapped the components from that to this. Here is the list……

Rear Derailleur:Sram X7 Medium cage
    Shifters: Sram Trigger X-7
    Chainset; Sram X7 S-1400
    Chainrings: 39x26T
    Bottom Bracket: Sram GXP
    Cassette: Sram PG-1050 12-36T
    Chain: Sram PC-1031
    Front Brake: Avid Juicy 3 185mm
    Rear Brake: Avid Juicy 3 185mm
    Brake Levers: Avid Juicy 3
    Handlebars: Onoff AM 31.8mm 710mm
    Stem: M-Decline AM 31.8mm 60mm
    Grips: Onoff Diamond lock-on
    Rims: Onoff Draw wheelset
    Front Hub: Onoff Disc DH 20mm
    Rear Hub: Onoff Disc QR
    Front Tyre: WTB Weirwolf 2.3 Comp
    Rear Tyre: WTB Weirwolf 2.3 Comp
    Saddle: M-Decline Dune custom design
    Seatpost: Onoff Notion 0-R 31.6mm 350mm (with shim for Scotts massive 34.9mm seat tube)

You will notice that the front mech is not listed. I have a Shimano SLX FD M-661-10D Direct mount but it is not compatable. It will however be included in the sale. That way you can sell it on/swap for the correct one. An XT one that fits is £22.

I also have a red and white Superstar plasma chainguide that can be included instead of the front shifter set up if you’d like to run 1×10. It’s used but in great, clean condition and comes with all mounting extras. You’ll need a chainring to pop in there though as the 39t on the X7 setup is too large for the guide.

Like i said, everything except the frame, forks and headset ane brand spanking new and ready to ride/race.

I’m in Farnborough but travel about a bit so might be able to help with delivery. Short of that it’ll be collection or you sorting a courier.

Right, think that is everything. I’ll update if i think of anything else.

Any question/photo requests just ask.

Looking for £800 ono. Worst i can say is no right!

Pictures here (mobile sorry)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Medium Scott ransom 30. Marz 55's. Everything else is new!’ is closed to new replies.