Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Media types – any recommendations for a visual asset library?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’ve been tasked with researching potential asset library programs to store work’s images and graphics.

Needless to say, it needs to be easy to add to, easy to file, easy to search and easy to download. Files like EPSs also need to be visible to people without the usual programs needed to view (ie – Illustrator).

Controls on elements (such as downloading hi-res photos) would also be useful.

Preferably it should be cloud/online-based – something like Dropbox, but with a visual interface would be ideal.

We’re already using Flickr, but this does raise problems with security and access, and that Flickr doesn’t like anything that’s not a JPG, GIF or PNG.

Is this a pipedream built on the back of the moon being paraded at the end of a stick, or does anyone know of something similar that already exists?

Cheers!

MrSmith
    Free Member

i-view media pro?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Cheers MrSmith – that looks interesting.

Seems it will work with PDFs – do you know if it will work with EPS files?

Ta!

MrSmith
    Free Member

no idea, i don’t use it but it was the default program for photographers who wanted a big searchable database before lightroom/aperture came along.
    it went into a bit of a black hole when microsoft took it over but now it’s part of phase one who make digital backs and capture one software for image processing so i guess development will be ongoing.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Cool – I’ll look into it further.

Thanks.

MrSmith
    Free Member

other options are IDIMager, ACDSee and Daminion.
    i have no idea if they are any good though.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Hmm. Not all work on a Mac.

This looks interesting though: http://www.mindersoftworks.com/products/stockkeeper/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Media types – any recommendations for a visual asset library?’ is closed to new replies.