Measuring belts

• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by  DezB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Measuring belts
  • Premier Icon orangespyderman
    Subscriber

I need a new belt. I’ve needed a new belt for a while, and now this one is not only a bit tatty (it’s a Dockers belt that I’ve had for years and years and worn pretty much every day, so I’m really quite impressed) but also a bit big 😀

I’d like a slightly shorter one – but how do I measure the current one. Are belts sized just as the length of the “belt” bit, i.e. ignoring the buckle? Is it end of belt to last hole?

Help please.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

Last time I bought one they were sold by waist size, like trousers. Somewhat annoyingly I was at the bottom of a size range, and it’s stretched a bit in use so i had to add another hole to it.

Premier Icon pocpoc
    Subscriber

Go in to a shop and try them?
    Or take off your current belt and hang it next to it (while using your other hand to keep your trousers up)
    Even if you end up buying online at least you’ll have an idea of what size to go for.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I can help!
    Click this link balaam!

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

Or look at a track belt, much more flexible for overall sizing and also fit (that said the buckle in the one I ordered from Amazon weighs about a kilo, not sure if that’s a downside of the track belt design or just the one I bought…)

CountZero

A rough guess would be the distance from the centre of the buckle to the hole that’s where it’s most comfortable on the old one, and find a belt where that distance falls midway along the run of holes in the strap, that allows a decent range of adjustment to be made.

Premier Icon orangespyderman
    Subscriber

Thanks DezB 🙄 That search throws up several different ways of measuring… Hence my question to the more informed population of STW 😉😁

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

Pop into your LBS and try a few on .

LeeW

Have a look on bucklebox.com, they have several bridle leather belts in different widths and thicknesses.

They also tell you have to order the right size.

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

Sounds like a perfect excuse for a custom belt!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

That search throws up several different ways of measuring… Hence my question to the more informed population of STW

Thats cos… it depends on the belt. So google, in this very rare, and might I say, quite extreme case, is more useful than STW… I know, right!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.