Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Me coils Lyriks ain't winding down
  • coogan
    Free Member

The adjustment dial turns and then clicks loudly. Try and wind them down and the dial won’t move much at all far and won’t wind down. Fixable how?

stevomcd
    Free Member

New spring Steve. 🙁

Generally means you’ve broken the adjuster off the spring. The big click is it moving over the broken end when you try to turn it.

If you’re using the standard weight spring, I’ve got a spare one, drop me an email and you can have it.

mushrooms
    Free Member

It’s fairly easy to take the spring out and have a look.

coogan
    Free Member

****. Really? Will they still work if I don’t wind them down. Which I never do anyhow. :mrgreen:

I’ll ping you an email fella!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Will still work fine, just no travel-adjust.

I did this to an old pair of Psylos back in the day – pure ham-fistedness on my part.

As above, it’s dead easy to take the spring out to check. Do it with the forks horizontal and you shouldn’t even lose any oil.

Remove the adjuster dial.
    Take out the bearings and springs from below it.
    Undo the bolt at the bottom of the fork leg.
    Unscrew the bit under the adjuster dial – big spanner or socket (24mm?)
    Pull the spring out.

Clearly, if you’ve humped it, you can skip the 3rd step! 😈

coogan
    Free Member

I’ll have a look see tomorrow, bike felt fine on Tuesday, only noticed it tonight while playing about with them.

£53.00 for a new spring 😯 SO I will drop a line if required!

bonfield-jones
    Free Member

The little ball bearings on the adjuster sometimes go rusty and stick. Might be a case of taking the top of with allen key and replacing them. Give it a whirl.

coogan
    Free Member

Had a look at the top part, ball bearings fine. Regreased them and it’s still doing it, think it’s bust as Stevo said. Thanks though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Me coils Lyriks ain't winding down’ is closed to new replies.