Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Me again! Endura MT500 or Gore C5 Trail jacket
  • oldfart

Think I’m moving away from the Showers Pass IMBA and have narrowed it down to either of these 2, so pros and cons please.

oldfart

Must stop looking, Madison seems good as well! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

doomanic

How about a Royal Storm jacket?

PSA 50% off at royal racing

nickewen
    Free Member

I’ve got the MT500 and it’s a cracking jacket BUT it comes up short at the front. Too short for the size. I’ve got a large and at a smidge under 6ft it should be at least a couple inches longer at the front.

nickc

Does it matter?

I don’t mean to be flippant, but either of these is a good jacket, and is going to do largely what you want it to. They’re both good manufacturers with a decent reputation and quality. Buy the one you like the look of.

leeroysilk
    Free Member

Those with the MT500 will say it’s great (me included).
    Those with the Gore will also say it’s great. As per previous post, buy the one YOU like.

oldfart

Sorr folks 🙄just wanted to make sure there weren’t any issues with either of them. Saying that I’m probably going for Madison DTE!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

BadlyWiredDog

Can I just throw in a curve ball? 😉

bsims
    Free Member

I have the Madison zenith which is a bit thinner than the dte. I using it as my non cycling waterproof until my fox attack fully expires. I am in 2 minds about it as I think it will not take branches etc very well. Other than that I am pleased and does the job.

qwerty
    Free Member

The best answer is probably which ever fits the best.

Also, check out Evans Cycles eBay shop, I brought an ex demo Gore C3 paclite for £80.

sparkyrhino

Got a large mt500 not fantastic so far ,try one on first very odd shape, baggy square body,tight on the shoulders and arms,never worn in anger on the bike,not been cold enough,but shape may make sense on the bike.worn it dog walking, and it wets out fairly quickly.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Not really impressed with my MT500 either, OK for the first few rides then wetted out very quickly.
    The seam in the pocket then came undone and several others started to lift.

Sent it back under warranty and did get a new jacket back but took 6 weeks to sort out, although I think this was down to the shop rather than Endura.
    Hoping the new jacket performs a bit better.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

I managed to get a current MT500 on sale online (size chart recommended Large for me at 6’1″)…. It is a very bike specific cut and as others have mentioned comes up short at the front….for general wear…..seems perfect once on the bike and leaning forwards though, not tenting and getting in the way. I’m wearing it for running in the wet as well and would have liked it a bit longer at the front for that but it’s great for it’s intended purpose. Great ventilation with the pit zips and pockets doubling as vents, and really appreciated the helmet compatible hood in its’s first outing this weekend in some heavy rain….adjustment system to keep it put while hurtling downhill worked well. Finished bone dry while mates were soggy so happy with that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Me again! Endura MT500 or Gore C5 Trail jacket’ is closed to new replies.