Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • McMoontertrackworld
  • Northwind

Turns out we have some genuine Mcmoonters in the university’s art collection and we may be hanging one in our reception room in the office (*). End result? Five minutes later, entire office is now reading the STW tree felling thread and looking at pictures of woodpiles.

Some of the team seem offended that we might have art by someone who’s not dead. It’s not proper art if you’re still alive. But they’re coming round to the idea that, based on the thread, this won’t be a problem for long. Me, I’m planning to steal it.

(* it’s equally likely that we’ll end up with some sort of advert poster, printed yesterday. Everyone’s a critic)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Northwind, I’d be interested to see what the picture is. When I was at the Edinburgh College of Art they reserved the right to retain some work for their collection. I imagine with the amalgamation of the ECA with Edinburgh University the painting would have come for the collection.

Some in the City collection were bought by companies then donated to the City. The City also had a bequest which bought contemporary art, there is a big Cyclist painting in the atrium of the City Chambers in Market Street.

kcal

What’s the Ian Rankin novel about an art heist?

Decoy will be McMoonter himself 🙂

MSP

It’s not proper art if you’re still alive

They have a point, but there is a solution….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They have a point, but there is a solution….

Someone lend him a 29er. Wheels will explode. Job done.

hammyuk
    Free Member

“insert spoke just there…….”

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I wish I was a successful artist – seems much better than being a successful nurse.

Unfortunately I have similar artistic abilities to a blind hippo.

maccruiskeen

I wish I was a successful artist – seems much better than being a successful nurse.

Well put it another way, I’d rather I be an unsuccessful artist than you be an unsuccessful nurse. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Unfortunately I have similar artistic abilities to a blind hippo.

Don’t we know it..
    #Custard. 😆

Northwind

YGM chief

mcmoonter
    Free Member

YGM chief

Thanks, I may have sideburns but I’m no Guy Martin.

matt_outandabout

Custard was ace. In memorium.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘McMoontertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.