Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?

Home Forum Chat Forum Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?
  • timbur

Kids like a lot of things, doesn’t mean it’s any good for them.
    My 6yo doesn’t like sweets either. He didn’t get chocolate till he was 3 and now only has a small amount occasionally. The small amount is “proper” chocolate not Cadburys and three squares can last him 10-15 mins.
    At birthday parties he tries sweets and ends up spitting them out. We’re not complete dictators as he’s old enough to have a say and find out for himself now.
    It depends on how you bring them up imho.

timbur

Actually, I haven’t been in one for years so maybe my view isn’t valid anymore.

Ro5ey

I reckon anyone who ate their own bodyweight in sprouts could manage 25m front crawl. I could probably get across the Channel in those circumstances.

πŸ™‚

She normally waits until she’s climbing all over my head during a Battle Royale to unlesh her by-product… Between that and the swimming, I don’t know what I’m more proud of?

jamiea

He didn’t get chocolate till he was 3 and now only has a small amount occasionally

Our 17 month old, who’s had a bit of chocolate cake a couple of times, saw my wife eating a stick of liquorice last week and exclaimed “chocolate!” “OK dear, yes that is chocolate” πŸ˜€

Cheers,
    Jamie

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

I wish there was a national network of say, Pret a Manger, close to major routes and with parking. A Jalapeno chicken hot wrap is Β£4.50, not much more than a top end burger at McDs.

It might not be much healthier either πŸ˜‰

timbur

My 2yo says chocolate all the time. He’s never had any to my knowledge. It drives the MIL crazy as she really want to fill them up with it but at least she’s playing by our rules on this one.

timbur

Isn’t Pret part owned by McD’s?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

It might not be much healthier either

I’m not overly worried about its fat content but it’s full of peppers and tomatoes which were good for you last time I checked πŸ™‚

tarquin

No problems with mcdonalds in Aus.

They have a cafe which has proper coffee and cakes reasonable toilets too so makes for a good rest stop.

God send when on the road as most places close at 5 and don’t open really early. I don’t eat the food unless there is no alternative but it’s a lot better than many places I have eaten.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Mike Hall used McDs to get him round the world in a record pace.

fasthaggis

as a world wide worker who often works

Swoons

πŸ˜‰

stumpy01

molgrips – Member
    I wish there was a national network of say, Pret a Manger, close to major routes and with parking. A Jalapeno chicken hot wrap is Β£4.50, not much more than a top end burger at McDs.

They do wraps and salads in McDonalds….

They also do carrot sticks, bags of fruit and salads that kids can eat, if the occasional McD’s is really that bad.

I don’t get why McD’s seems to get all the bad press when there are soooo many other places dishing out crap too.
    People never seem to moan about kids in Costa being fed blueberry muffins and other junk.

I had a double sausage & egg McMuffin meal this morning with a white coffee. It was delish.

allmountainventure – Member
    Now and then is ok; its useful to point out how unhealthy some of the Mcd clients look and discuss why.

You could say this about almost anywhere – some of the ‘clients’ at the gym I go to look like they can barely make it from their car to the treadmill, let alone the salad aisle at Tesco.
    Therefore the gym is unhealthy??

trail_rat

nope in that context it would be “who rarely works” πŸ˜‰

grahamg

This thread has kicked off a bit of nostalgia for me – on the rare occasions that my dad would take us shopping in Brum, the mac d’s milkshake was a very rare occasional treat (he is a proper fitness freak, so we knew it was a real treat for him too). I don’t think I actually had a full meal there until I was in my teens. Now I’m veggie, the menu is pure shite for me but I’ve got no qualms about going there inspite of the (mostly drastically outdated and originating in the US) negative propaganda.

Premier Icon porter_jamie
    Subscriber

everyone has stopped for a McDump, surely

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

No sign of any posts yet from some bearded, lentil eating hippy claiming they vomited their intestines up after one mouthful of their one and only Big Mac?

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

Oh, McDonalds is so frightful and unhealthy. We prefer Costa, where we buy an enormous bucket of hot milk with some coffee in it, a cheese-filled panini and a giant muffin. Much healthier dontchyaknow?

πŸ™„

TooTall

In our house McD is seen as the ‘unhealthy cafe’, so when we occasionally get a drive through we all sit there feeling guilty (kids included) whilst consoling ourselves wiht milkshakes and fries.

Worse, the household propaganda has worked so well that I almost have to make my kids go to McD, they mostly demand to be taken to Zizzi or Pizza Express.

Are you a middle class Catholic family? How very unpleasant to make kids feel guilty for something you are buying them. As for the alternatives they seek – they are such ‘nice’ chains without the common feel of a convenience food establishment, aren’t they?

nealglover

its useful to point out how unhealthy some of the Mcd clients look and discuss why.

No it isn’t.

It would be far more useful to use positive role models (like Olympic athletes for example) and explain how they achieve what they do. Through good diet, exercise and hard work.

But pointing at fat people and using them as convenient negative role models to look down on is easier I suppose. 😐

stanfree

Can never quite work out If folk are actually serious on this site sometimes. For anyone appalled by taking there kids to McDonalds occaionally I think you really should get a grip. It’s probably not any worse than going to the chip shop once in a while and certainly not as bad as Subway.

Premier Icon miketually
    Subscriber

We had lunch in a Yate’s Wine Lodge on Thursday – fed five of us for about Β£20 and nobody died.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Back in the late 80’s, early 90’s Mr and Mrs Howard wouldn’t take me to McDonald’s/Burger King/KFC as ‘they send money to people who make bombs’.

This has always stck with me, right though my employment at McDonalds, the 3-6 times a month I eat their food…..

Your kids are going to eat it eventually, like it or not….

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Can never quite work out If folk are actually serious on this site sometimes.

Are you new around here? The usual suspects never miss an opportunity to loftily voice their thunderous, righteous disdain for your plebby, contemptible lifestyle choices, as they look down their noses at you from their free-range, organic, soil association approved, wholemeal, smoke free ivory towers. πŸ˜‰

crikey

Greggs shut then binners?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Variety is the spice of life, ‘n all that πŸ˜€

dirtycrewdom

I ate a McDonalds once. I thought I had gotten away with it, but when I woke up I was dead πŸ™

toys19

Love McD’s, but then I am a fat synt.

3dvgirl

were i come from its normal to smoke weed in front of ur kids, this thread is hysterical.

Jamie

were i come from its normal to smoke weed in front of ur kids, this thread is hysterical.

There’s just too much bait on that hook.

crikey

Very STW this thread, parents, class, nutrition, angst, snobbery, it’s got mileage.

3dvgirl

Very STW this thread, parents, class, nutrition, angst, snobbery, it’s got mileage.

πŸ™‚

unfitgeezer

patriotpro – Member
    I am such a bad parent
    For treating your son!?! Get a grip FFS…

I was taking the proverbial !

piemonster

Are you new around here? The usual suspects never miss an opportunity to loftily voice their thunderous, righteous disdain for your plebby

People should know their place.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

it’s got mileage

best hope its not in an unnecessary 4×4

crankboy

McD’s did part own Prett but have divested . If you want true middle class hippy angst Crankbrat age 2 keeps eating meat at parties despite our Faux vegetarian beliefs.

Jamie

best hope its not in an unnecessary 4×4

The worse wurst worst kind of 4×4.

iolo

The tiramisu cake and white hot chocolate from Mc Cafe here in Austria is divine.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Given that quite a few farming acquaintances say they get a fairer deal from McDonald’s than they do from Tesco, and they are in the top 10 companies to work for in the FT(?) survey, I stopped worrying about them a looooong time ago.

dirk_pumpa

I rekon ive spent a few hundred quid in Mc d’s this year alone πŸ™

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Greggs shut then binners?

Banned for using the American competition more like. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Mcdonalds bad parent content…have you ?’ is closed to new replies.