Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MBNA; More efficient at harassing than others..?
  • househusband
    Free Member

Think this is the first rant I’ve actually had on here, in several years – but I stand to be corrected.

Bloody MBNA leave a message on the home phone each and every day, saying that they’re unable to put is through to an agent – but we can call 0800 328 8204. We’re registered with the TPS so they shouldn’t be calling us anyway! Rang them earlier, got passed around and then refused to give my full details other than my surname – so was told they wouldn’t help me… so, sometimes I feel you’ve just got to call a spade a spade and I let my feelings be known.

Anyone succeeded in getting to go away – permanently?!

bassspine
    Free Member

what’s MBNA?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Try heavy breathing when you speak to them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamesy
    Free Member

They.never give up , they can be damn nasty aswell , beware will.never use mbna ever again. Bunch of c0cks

jon1973
    Free Member

what’s MBNA?

They’re the credit card people aren’t they?

surfer
    Free Member

Do you have an MBNA card? if so TPS doesnt apply.

If you ring them on a number known to you why dont you disclose information to them?
    If you dont its little wonder they cant help !

I have found them to be the best of the bunch myself.

househusband
    Free Member

surfer; never had MBNA.

I shouldn’t have to give them my forename and surname, should I? It’s the home phone number that’s on the TPS list, so MBNA should not be calling – I should not have to divulge my personal details when they can check themselves that the number is registered with TPS!

surfer
    Free Member

I see.

If the call is from outside the UK then TPS doesnt apply. MBNA bought Db details from another company recently and your name may have been on that (you may have ticked or left unticked a box on a form etc)

You should contact MBNA as they clearly shouldnt be calling. As much as you dont want to give info (and I agree you shouldnt have to) it may be easier to go through security to get your name removed once and for all.

That should stop it.

househusband
    Free Member

Cheers, surfer. Good point regarding TPS not applying outside UK; person that picked up when I rang back had an Irish (as in Eire, not NI) accent.

Hohum
    Free Member

bassspine – Member
    what’s MBNA?

Maryland Bank of North America (I think) and they are aggressive.

TPS registered seems to mean jack sh*t as our number is on the list, but we still get cold calls, not that many thankfully, but they are still pretty swear word annoying.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

There was/is an MBNA call centre near the uni I went too. Loads of students got jobs there making calls, office managers used to put baloons on the chairs of employees who didn’t get enough sales and other humiliating tricks. Don’t know what they are like now to work for. I love getting cold calls and winding people up, seeing how long I can keep them on the phone for, saying I’m having a gay live affair with my step grandpa and need a credit card so we can run away. That kind of tripe. I understand it’s annoying for most people but I consider it to be one of my hobbies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MBNA; More efficient at harassing than others..?’ is closed to new replies.