Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MBL assessment – wheelies and lateral bunny hops?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

For those who have gone through their MBL assessments (successfully!).

How did your assessors test wheelies, sorry, “power assisted front wheel lifts”? Was it a case of just being able to lift your front wheel off a drop and land rear first? I’m never going to be able to wheelie around a trail centre car park, but I can manage a drop!

And what about lateral bunny hops?

cheers

doug_basqueMTB.com

🙂 I´ve just worked out who you are now!

It sounds like it´s changed a bit since my time. We didn´t have to do a lateral bunny hop, it´s easy though if you can bunny hop and you can fall to the side then you can do a lateral bunny hope 🙂

For assessing the pwfwl, we just had to do one while they watched and saw that we could keep it up for a full bike length. There were no drops in my assessment. We didn´t really have a proper assessment of each technique though, we generally just rode and he made sure we reached the standard.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Hi Doug! Looking forwards to riding in Spain in a few months, rather than practising skills in my local park, in the rain, in front of hooded chavs who can do this sort of thing for fun!

Hmm, bunny hops, I can land parallel off a kerb, but probably not up onto one. My technique for ruts is not to get caught in them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flatfish
    Free Member

Who you doing your MBL with Stu?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Cycleactive up in the Lakes.

Trekster

It sounds like it´s changed a bit since my time. We didn´t have to do a lateral bunny hop, it´s easy though if you can bunny hop and you can fall to the side then you can do a lateral bunny hope

Same with me, it was about your group management/leadership skills not bike skills hence the title Mountain Bike LEADER
    Now that is changing with the advent of the BC mtb Lev2 leadership courses which do seem to include elements of coaching.
    Good to see some evolution and standardisation, been a grey area for far too long imo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MBL assessment – wheelies and lateral bunny hops?’ is closed to new replies.