Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maydena Hardline 🚀
  • reeksy

Little bit exciting.

Neighbour of a mate just came back from working on the line… it’s hectic unsurprisingly.

WynTV has got in with a sneak peak vid

weeksy

Yeah should be pretty awesome and hopefully they don’t get any of the Welsh weather issues.

reeksy

Fingers crossed.It doesn’t have the exposure at the top due to the forest cover, but it gets plenty of rain. And the weather changes very quickly. 

chrismac

Sorry but until it becomes a proper race with open entry and the best downhillers in the world enter I don’t see it as anything more than a drinks marketing event.

sharkattack

I can’t wait to watch this proper race which is always contested by some of the best downhill riders in the world. I’m so glad it’s not open to enter for anyone or you’d see a load of Joey’s killing themselves. Thankfully there’s a fizzy pop company who consistently spends an absolute fortune making crazy events happen all over the world because no one else could do it.

weeksy

Sorry but until it becomes a proper race with open entry and the best downhillers in the world enter I don’t see it as anything more than a drinks marketing event.

It’s not marketed as a WCDH race though. It’s a stand alone event for DH/Freeriders to show off and win a prize. I don’t see why it has to be anything more than that at all.

chrismac

I guess it’s the way they market it as the best in the world racing the hardest rack in the world when we all know that most of the top riders aren’t there. It all seems a bit disingenuous to me.

ads678

TBF the GOAT himself wouldn’t ride the Athertons hardline track.

weeksy

I guess it’s the way they market it as the best in the world racing the hardest rack in the world

Who does and where? I’ve not seen that at all.

sharkattack

I’d say that the riders are the best in the world at this kind of riding. I think most pure DH racers would struggle with it. Loads of them have turned up for a look and said Nah F That.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Anyone else picturing Dan Atherton saying hold my beer, the gauntlet has been thrown down and I can see Dan getting a bigger digger for Christmas 😀
    Reminds me of crocodile Dundee, “that’s not a knife”

BruceWee

The Downhill World Cup could turn into a fairly decent feeder series for the RB Hardline series in the not too distant future.

captain_bastard

I don’t see it as anything more than a drinks marketing event.

Redbull the global sports event’s production / content creators / sports team sponsors / athlete support program / media giant / lots of other stuff 

oh yea, they also have a drink 

scaredypants

we all know that most of the top riders aren’t there

Surely that’s by choice though – RB aren’t going to turn you away if you’re a top-dog and you ask (unless maybe you’re really prominently sponsored by Monster ?)

reeksy

Anyone else picturing Dan Atherton saying hold my beer, the gauntlet has been thrown down and I can see Dan getting a bigger digger for Christmas 😀

In a playful competitive way, yes. Pretty sure it’s being done in collaboration though… I think I read that Dan went to check out the site.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Absolutely, but the one-upmanship is inevitable, it’s gonna become a measuring contest and not just the jumps 😂 this Hardline series is gonna be epic and after last July’s damp squib I can’t wait.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google