Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • May Bank Holiday Weekend Riding WIth pics or not 4th to 6th of May
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks for that bikebuoy, hugely proud!

If if he’s too young to drink, tell him there is a grumpy bloke sitting in his favourite pub in the South Downs drinking a pint to your lads skillz.

👍👌🍻🍺🍻🍺

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Black coombe blast on Friday Eve and Walna Scar today (one of the lads on his cross bike in prep for 3 peaks), that’ll do!

snugthejoiner
    Free Member

@summittoppler that route looks quality, any chance of a gpx?

whitestone
    Free Member

Did the Capital Trail (minus the bit over Kirkhope Law due to time and a bit of nasty weather). Short first day/afternoon: started from Peebles, bivvied near Bavelaw in the Pentlands having ridden over Monk’s Rig which was a bit of a lung buster in places.

Through the Pentlands and then worked our way through the outskirts of Edinburgh via various roads and ginnels to Portobello.

Green Glen

On to Musselburgh then worked our way inland to climb up in to the lammermuir hills. Big climb up on to Lammer Law

In and out of a few glens until we got to Bunnie’s Bothy (locked) and headed out following the Whelplaw Burn. Through Lauder then in to Melrose where we bivied by the river. Another early start and we got in to Selkirk just as the rain started. Found somewhere for a second breakfast then it was some big hills via Tibby Tamson’s grave to get up on to The Three Brethren where it started to snow.

Some lovely riding along the Southern Upland Way led to the top of Innerleithen Forest.

Down the XC route (fun on loaded rigid bikes) and in to Innerleithen for more coffee. With a keen wind, snow showers and rather cold feet we decided to skip the loop heading up on to Kirkhope Law so headed back along the valley bottom to Peebles.

Saw very few people when we were out on the hills – three walkers in the Lammermuirs and two runners on the Southern Upland Way as we headed towards Innerleithen for example. Only saw a couple of mountain bikers all weekend. Everything was probably as dry as it’s likely to get. Apart from the bits in the trail centres it’s eminently suitable for a gravel bike with large volume tyres.

tetrode
    Free Member

I went and did a morning last weekend at FoD which is a place I love, and took my new GoPro with me and recorded some stuff. I’m not the best rider by a long shot having only started last year, but here’s the final descent of the blue trail there! First time editing and uploading video so hopefully it’s all good!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘May Bank Holiday Weekend Riding WIth pics or not 4th to 6th of May’ is closed to new replies.