Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • MAY 6th. And so we go to the polls!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I for one will definately make the effort to vote! Anybody else???

GW
    Free Member

Nope, never!

tonyg2003

I'm in Montpellier for work. I'm might get a postal vote but this area is so completely Tory nobody else gets a look in.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

Nope, I won't be voting.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, I'm going to make an effort too.

What does it involve………..walking to the polling station ?

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

I'll be voting for something with 3 letters and it ends in NP.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Safe labour seat so not much point for me – for the first time in my lifer I have no enthusiasm for the election of a labour government.

Teh election is decided by a couple of hundred voters – the undecided votors in the marginal seats.

saladdodger
    Free Member

here we go TJ will be here soon ranting on about various issues

edit

bloody hell a new TJ has been born

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can't remember phoenix ? It's a tricky one. I reckon they should reduce it to 2 letters…….to help their supporters remember. Maybe just have a 'swastika', to make it proper simple.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

I will make the effort to go to the polling station and spoil my ballot.

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Why would a centre left party want to have a swastika as their symbol?

wrightyson
    Free Member

To be fair ernie when you conduct the current polls, some people say they just cant be arsed! To me it's just one voice yes, but I'd like to think it was heard. And tbh if I didn't vote the mother in law would kill me, I swear she was a sufragette, she looks old enough anyway! 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

As I've said before, I might vote Tory this year. The end justifies the means and all that….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What you doing in the centre left phoenix. Get back where you were.

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Always been centre left ernie. I think the SNP would do a fantastic job of running the UK.

john_drummer
    Free Member

arse. work all day, then straight to gig in another town for soundcheck, not home until after polls close. If I want to vote I'll have to take half a day off. Unless the polling station opens before 7.15am

Talkemada
    Free Member

Always been centre left ernie. I think the SNP would do a fantastic job of running the UK.

He's done you, right up!

😀

Are the SNP 'centre-left'? Can't say they've ever registered much on my interestometer. But then, I'm not Scottish.

Mark

lol 🙂

m0nster2
    Free Member

haha..like a kipper!

I was phone MORI-polled the other night… even the pollster sounded disinterested.

I'll vote alright. It's our duty… but, blimey, I can't say I've ever been disinterested more 🙁

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Actually voted last time (for the first time ever, yea, I know) and think I will this time… If I can decide who for…

Moses

The pollster OUGHT to be disinterested. Neutrality is their business.

But uninterested – there's a different matter.
    Yes, I will vote.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

OK, it's a fair cop Talkemada…….. you think Trolling Smee Phoenix has done me. Personally, it went right over my head.

"Are the SNP 'centre-left'?"

Labour Party members used to call the SNP the Tartan Tories. But that a long time ago, before New Labour reared it's ugly head.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – stop fishing we ain't biting – just no one will ever speak to you again if you do. Go and wash your mouth out

edinburgh south west constituency is it not? labour reasonably safe with tories and lib dems fighting for second. More likly lib denm to oust labour IMO if thats what you want (swing voters more likely to go LD ???) – snp have no chance. almost certain to be a labour hold tho.

Labour 17,476
    Conservative, 10,234
    Liberal Democrat 9,252
    SNP 4,654

SNP are left of centre now – but they haven't always been and there remains tension in the party – the rural wing is tartan tories but the urban ones are tartan trots ( to oversimplyfy greatly).

Back in the 70s there was an attempt to create a left of centre alternative as the SNP were so right wing. They still have this tendency – right wing economically left wing socially – hence the sucking up to trump

m0nster2
    Free Member

Moses: You're right. Wrong choice of words.
    I did find the whole thing a little unprofessional though….

(Only giving two options (Blue or Red) for a response, for example, rather than leaving open … however academic that third [or fourth or fifth] option may be 🙂 )

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Ernie, I think there must be a hell of a lot goes over your head mate. That one was like shooting fish in a barrel.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sinn Féin aren't putting someone up in my constituency so I'm a bit stuffed really. I'll have to do a bit of reading up I suppose.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Even I saw it coming Smee. Ernie must be having one of his couple if drinks a year. I mean, y'know, subtlety was never one of your things.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    druidh – stop fishing we ain't biting – just no one will ever speak to you again if you do. Go and wash your mouth out

edinburgh south west constituency is it not? labour reasonably safe with tories and lib dems fighting for second. More likly lib denm to oust labour IMO if thats what you want (swing voters more likely to go LD ???) – snp have no chance. almost certain to be a labour hold tho.

Labour 17,476
    Conservative, 10,234
    Liberal Democrat 9,252
    SNP 4,654

Balerno, Currie, Juniper Green, Baberton and the posher parts of Colinton have a lot of "natural" Tory voters. LDs have basically lost all credence in Scotland after their inept coalition with Labour in Hollywood. I reckon Alistair Darling should be worried about his seat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think there must be a hell of a lot goes over your head

All the time mate……humour is a very personal thing.

"That one was like shooting fish in a barrel"

Ah, come on mate……….give yourself more credit. Talkemada was impressed. Even if I wasn't.

Hohum
    Free Member

Great stuff 🙁

This country is buggered medium to long term anyway, irrespective of which government (and let's hope it is not a hung parliament, pfft!) gets in.

Enjoy the short term whilst we can folks 😀

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

oooh, how exciting. I've never voted in a General Election before.

Labour 14,188
    Lib Dem 13,783
    Conservative 10,291

Most stuff through the letter box is from the Conservatives, which is interesting.
    Being young, I haven't really yet formed any solid opinions on how the country should be run, so who should I vote for?? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye druidh – tories will always get a decent vote but I doubt the swing voters will go to tory – more likely Lib dems or SNP

If lib dems were a distant third it would be different – but the scots are getting used to tactical voting and thinking a bit more about their votes since the advent of PR.

Is your tory candidate tweedy? or a edinburgh lawyer with gravitas? Teh only tories allowed in Scotland. None of your shifty salesmen wanted!

Used to be riffkinds seat did it not when it was Edinburgh Pentland

My seat – I just checked – labour /lib dem marginal – 2000 labour majority. Huge swing from labour to lib dem in 2005. Hmmm – might have to think a bit more about my vote. It always used to be safe labour. Must be the yuppie influx

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

miaowing_kat

3 way marginal – you are lucky. You will be one of the few hundred thousand voters who actually decide the election. Pm me off list and I'll trell you who to vote for – or better still sign the proxy vote I will send to you and then I can vote on your behalf.

I offer bribes

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Being young, I haven't really yet formed any solid opinions on how the country should be run

FFS, I remember a time when 'being young' meant that you had all the answers.

Sometimes I truly despair.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye Ernie – the youth of today eh? I remember when I were a lad it was all 3 day weeks and miners strikes and devaluing pounds and stuff

"the pound in your pocket" Thats what they said

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hooray since no one else is voting my vote will count. What I mean is I'll be voting for the party wanting a fairer voting system because our venerable first past post system is demotivating the electorate and damaging our democracy (which is the worst kind of goverment apart from all the other kinds.)

Actually I'm simply voting for The Change Party. Because I want to sling out the long standing sleaze bag who spent my money Manuring the garden of his country residence.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I actually wasn't joking TJ. Although you appear to be. The de-politicising of youth in society, I find extraordinarily depressing.

eldridge
    Free Member

One vote among millions, once every five years, for a choice of three politicians, none of whom represents my political views.

I'm drunk with power!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

oh dear ernie, you don't want to go walking round my University. some of the people I know couldn't tell you who the leader of the Conservatives is. (and I'm not joking either)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘MAY 6th. And so we go to the polls!!’ is closed to new replies.