Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Maxxis tyre logo removal
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The OCD part of me is having a problem with the yellow Maxxis logo – is there a safe way to mask or remove it without damaging the tyre?

legend
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

Was a time when half the WC field were pro’s at covering up Maxxis branding when they were paid by someone else.

andyrm
    Free Member

Matt black spray paint from pound land. Couple of light dusts all the way round the sidewall – job done.

Simon

Mud tends to mask tyre logos quite well.

noncycler
    Free Member

automotive tyre paint pen > Sharpie.

accu
    Free Member

you may paint it or better remove it..

180 grit sandpaper and smoothing it with 3m scotch brite works perfect
    for me..since years
    just remove the decals carefully with 180 grit, finish with scotch brite and finally some silicone spray or tyre care (which mostly contains silicone) and its done..(no silicone on the brakes so !!)
    works perfect and has no influence on the lifespan of the tyres..
    did several sets in the last years without any issues

and here you see the result,maxxis mammoth

BadlyWiredDog

I turn mine inside out. Works brilliantly and has no impact on the performance of the tyre while actually increasing rolling speed and improving tread life.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

😆

chrishc777
    Free Member

Good idea this, just de stickered my rims and they look so much better. Just realised the stickers aren’t there to make them look better, they’re there to advertise themselves :lightbulb:

emyr

Depends what rims you have, the sticker normally hides the join.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I would’ve thought that nail varnish remover would do a pretty good job of stripping the logos off, without all that faffage with layers of wet ‘n’ dry and silicon polish… Not tried it on tyres, but it is pretty good stuff for melting logos away from most things in about 2 seconds flat usually.

honourablegeorge

Ptobably pretty good at melting away rubber too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tyre logo removal’ is closed to new replies.