Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxxis Shorty Gen 2 review: the best just got better
  • singletrackross

After waiting the best part of a year for a Maxxis Shorty Gen 2, I managed to get one and quickly put it through its paces.

By singletrackross

Get the full story on our front page at:

Maxxis Shorty Gen 2 review: the best just got better

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

fahzure

Mmmm, Shorty 2 with a DH casing, pretty much the best soft condition tire for going down. Add a tire liner, drop your pressures by about 5psi and experience riding on a rail.

Northwind

So I guess the one question I have is, is it as good or better at the really manky stuff? All the other improvements sound great but I wouldn’t trade away an ounce of performance at the shitty end of a scottish enduro swamp, for a pound of performance in the dry…

argee

Think the Mk1’s i fitted last year on the winter wheels still have a winter left in them, the negatives are always rolling resistance and wear, if it’s not soft then they wear horrifically in maxx grip, Mk2 sounds good as well, not a huge amount of change, lets hope they’re not over 100 quid when i need to buy one next!

sharkattack

I bet it’s good but at that price I’ll never know.

tall_martin

I had a double down one on the front for the worst of winter.

Amazing grip, amazing drag.

I’m not sad it’s got drier and I’ve gone back to summer rubber

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.