Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxxis Minnion single ply folding ghetto tubeless
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Anyone tried them/running them in ghetto tubeless and had problems with sidewalls?
    I only ask as I am going to swap to my usual winter set up but now tubeless but have had a rear cut up on the sidewalls in The Peak before now so will revert back to tubes if problems have been exeprienced by others as I dont like pushing back to the car.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Anything ghetto tubeless will have sidewall problems, simple as that.

Guest was out here on single ply maxxis run ghetto last week and was on tubes on both ends within a couple of days.

Try the LUST, should be better. I ran those for 4 weeks guiding at the start of the season, lasted OK.

grantway
    Free Member

I have these but with inner tubes Love these tyres.

You can try the back and front set up or if you want more speed
    you can use the front tyre on the rear too.

mrplow
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Don’t they do an exo version with reinforced (sp) sidewall ?.

SBrock
    Free Member

had no problems 2 years ridin in the peaks on single ply high rollers ghetto style

M6TTF
    Free Member

Touch wood no problems running standard ardents either

anc
    Free Member

Yep running them with just sealant and UST ready wheels in the lakes without any trouble on the sidewalls. Have managed pinch them a couple of times but I used to get that with UST tyres too. Always happens in the wet for some reason??

captain_bastard
    Free Member

also running single ply tubeless without problems – BUT they are much more difficult to get seated on the rim than any other tyre i’ve used – it seems like they too floppy (in a not holding there shape kind of way)

anc
    Free Member

Stick a tube in leave overnight, stretches the tyre/bead into shape. Then just take one side off and remove tube and add your sealant. Plenty of soapy water on the open side. Goes up easy with a track pump then 😉

Suggsey
    Free Member

Well swapped them over today (was running single ply Ardents ghetto on Hope Hoops 5.1’s). The minnions have been on the bike before with tubes and have been stored unfolded on a hook that has not marked the bead. learning from the experience of the Ardents weeping on the beads from the casting pimples I went round both beads and carefully trimmed flat all the nipples of rubber-result. very good seal even without sealant!
    Two cups of Stans in each and some proper shaking and resting etc and they havent lost any psi yet……..
    looking at the sidewalls there is a tiny bit more rubber on them than the Ardents hence no weeping.
    Thanks for the other replies, even the one with the slashed side wall lol.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minnion single ply folding ghetto tubeless’ is closed to new replies.