• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Maxxis Minion DH Tyres
  • jonatkinson33
    Free Member

Hi all, whats the best compound for general All-Mountain biking in the UK (Peak District, Wales, 7 Stanes, etc)?
    60a MaxxPro, 42a Super Tacky (ST), 40a Slow Reezaay (SRY)?

brant
    Free Member

42A

JonEdwards
    Free Member

42 front, 60 rear

jam-bo

minion DH tyres aren’t really all round tyres.

super-tackys are just that and like riding in glue unless your pointed downhill.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I run ST front and 60a rear

nodrog2
    Free Member

60a front and back works pretty well. Reverse the tread on the rear. 42a up front grips brilliantly but like jam bo says it can be like riding with glue on your tyres.

swisstony
    Free Member

I’d go for high rollers as more general all rounders, i have had a couple of sets of minions but i don’t think they’re brilliant for cornering, esp if it ever drys out a bit, better on the back though but that’s mho.

Anyway whatever you go for, 60 rear 42 front

zokes
    Free Member

Currently have SRY and ST on the DH bike, and that’s where they stay. You could probably ride up something vertical and stick to it, but translate that into drag……

richc
    Free Member

ST Minions as an all day tyre would be a great way to boost your fitness and will power.

grumm
    Free Member

42 front, 60 rear – but High Rollers. They are draggy but so what – great when you are going dh.

richc
    Free Member

Thats what I have on my HT grumm. Draggy is an understatement, however I can keep up with my mates on the climbs so I don’t care.

I will be switching them for NN for Enduro’s though, as that would just be masochistic to use them then.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’ve tried a 2.5 SP Minion on the front, 60a compound, works pretty well. Echo the comments about 42a and riding through glue…

traildog
    Free Member

I have 42a up front and 60 rear, but in High rollers. I think the riding through glue comments are over exaggerating the situation a bit. Yes, they’re not the fastest, but you can ride them for 4hour rides and keep up with people on the climbs.

Smee
    Free Member

On the Coiler I have a Minion DHF 60a up front and DHR 60a on the rear. Not that draggy to be honest.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion DH Tyres’ is closed to new replies.