maxxis ignitors vs cont verticals

Home Forum Bike Forum maxxis ignitors vs cont verticals

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • maxxis ignitors vs cont verticals
  • meeeee

These look pretty similar designs but people seem to criticise the vertical for lack of grip but ignitor seems to get praise. Not seen any to touch just photos, so are the edge knobbles on the ignitor stiffer or something?

MrNutt

Ignitors are excellent tyres, High rollers are even better if you ask me but the Ignitors are very good.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

you wouldnt catch me on a conti tyre for any money! Ignitors (29er) for me, but heard enough good things about high rollers to consider them next time.

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

Swapped out the high siders, sorry, rollers that came on my bike for verts. Been using them for years & love their progressive nature compared to the HRs which have a gap between the centre & side knobs.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

Never tried the Ignitors, and quite liked the Contis I had on for a while, reasonable grip in lots of different conditions, but when I woke up to how tyres had moved on and put on some Nobby Nics evos, and dropped 678g over the pair, that’s a pound and a half! Ignitors are lighter still.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Can vouch for High Rollers, some of the Maxxis folding lightweight tyres can be a little fragile (but that’s true of lots of those types of tyres) and heard good things about Ignitors, some Conti designs are gash, some are OK, I always found that Verts were OK, but very pressure sensitive.

johnners

I’ve never had any problem with Verts, still use them on a couple of bikes.

They used to be very popular round here but the fickle finger of fashion is now pointing elsewhere.

And it’s hard to see how you could possibly lose 678g changing Verts for Nobby Nics – Verts go about 1300g a pair.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

And it’s hard to see how you could possibly lose 678g changing Verts for Nobby Nics – Verts go about 1300g a pair.

midlifecrashes didn’t say he had Verts on it.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

It was wire bead Vertical (not Pro), in 2.3, basic heavy one from Halfords. According to Winstanleys website they should be 730g each, but they were actually 920 and 970. The NN 2.25 evos were 590 and 610. Most places quote them as being 570g, but have seen them advertised at 533g. I wasn’t really that bothered by the tyre weight, I’d taken the scales out to weigh my wheels(an oem set from a 2005 Marin, formula/dt/x223)when swapping the tyres, trying to justify some pimping there, but found they were plenty light enough for now, and that all the lard was in my tyres and fat ass as usual.

johnners

Well, the thread was about Verts, he referred to Contis he apparently changed for Nobby Nics…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘maxxis ignitors vs cont verticals’ is closed to new replies.