Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxxis Ignitors…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

… are great.

scottfitz
    Free Member

… Till it rains. 😉

thepurist

…should only ever be put on the rear wheel

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Or until you ride loamy rooty trails

ThePinkster

I love ’em too. Running front & rear on my HT and don’t have much problem with them in the wet, or on roots (well no more than any other tyre).

It’s only when the mud gets deep & gloopy that I really have problems with them.

Mind you, I am running fat and sticky versions of them at quite low pressures though, so that might be helping.

hot_fiat

They are indeed. I don’t think mine have been swapped for the HRs since coming back from Spain in November. Far far better than Ardents which must surely win awards for:

“Best tyre for riders cornering perpendicular to the terrain”
    “Best tyre for riders cornering parallel to the terrain”
    “Best tyre for spitting riders off while transitioning between vertical and parallel cornering”

molgrips
    Free Member

My first ride was pretty loamy, with lots of those slimy big loose sandstone rocks you get in South Wales, and they were remarkably good. I have the super sidewall protection ones with stiff sidewalls which seemed seemed to help with support, and they sealed excellently with tubeless but they are fairly heavy.

Gripped fairly well in the wet bits too – I may leave them on in the winter if I can avoid the claggy clay and stick to rockier rides.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

My only experience of them is as OEM tyres…………..scarier than Conti Explorers on sheet ice. 😐

RustySpanner

Yup.
    Excellent tyres.

Just too pricey now though.

They are my favourites along with XR4’s.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a hell of a time finding 26″ folding tyres in my local shops in Cardiff. I hope this isn’t how it’s going to be from now on, I’ve got 3 well specced 26″ mtbs… 🙁

They were £40 each but basically my only option.

thepurist

They were £40 each but basically my only option.

No option to wait a day and choose from hundreds?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ignitors…’ is closed to new replies.