Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Maxxis Highroller II 2.4 60a
  • kane10255
    Free Member

Any opinions on these would be great before parting with cash.

SBrock
    Free Member

I’ve heard there better than the originals, I want to try them to replace a MK1 42a/60a combo!

Where is the cheapest you have seen them?

stevede
    Free Member

I’m running one of the Exo cased high roller 2’s on the rear of my five and have teamed it with a bc conti baron up front, if we get some drier conditions I’ll put a hr2 up front too. One thing I will say about them is that they size up normally now whereas they used to come up small for there stated size on the originals. I doubt you’ll be disappointed if you buy them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrplow
    Free Member

How draggy is it? I find a highroller more draggy than a minion dhf on the back. Where does a HR2 sit at your usual pressures?

kane10255
    Free Member

Bargain £34.99 on nextday tyres

kane10255
    Free Member

Would you run 2 of these or one in the front and an ardent/advantage in the rear?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Run HRII tubeless up front LUST 2.35 rear. Works great don’t think their draggy at high rollers run on that centre ridge until you lean them.

deanfbm
    Free Member

I’ve had a while on these now. EXO 60a.

They grip, grip and grip.

Felt like swampthings were cheating in mud, put HRIIs on, the HRII is grippier in the mud where it matters, turning and braking. Swampys were better at holding a straight line, but the HRIIs are better at controlling your direction and speed.

In intermediate conditions, i really haven’t come across any situations where i want more grip.

They feel awesome turning.

They are not fast rollers, i rekon slower than the OG.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I used to run 2 x HR Mk 1, 2.35 60a’s folding,

I now run 2 x HR Mk 2, 2.4 60a folding on my Santa Cruz Nomad 2, they are excellent performance wise, but i did notice the extra weight!

HR Mk1 2.35 60a folding – 690g

HR Mk2 2.40 60a folding – 920g!!! 🙁

Weight Info taken from Maxxis website.

Guess it depends what sort of riding you do, if like me you do trail centre blasts twice a month, does the extra weight really matter?

Alan.

kane10255
    Free Member

think I’ll run one on the front and an advantage on the rear

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles is the cheapest at the moment, until Midnight this Sunday -10%

Works out at £32.35 delivered!

deanfbm
    Free Member

On the weight front, when i got both of mine on some scales, they were both around 850g.

SBrock
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles is the cheapest at the moment, until Midnight this Sunday -10%

Works out at £32.35 delivered!

Nice one, just ordered a pair to replace my wire bead 60a/42a combo on my Flow rims

kane10255
    Free Member

alandavidpetrie79 Cheers heading there now.

kane10255
    Free Member

alandavidpetrie79 too late out of stock so off to nextday tyres £34.99 delivered

SBrock
    Free Member

Kane, I’ve just ordered some, at £64 for a pair it would be rude not too! They are replacing my worn out 42a/60a compound, they are going tubeless on Flow rims, not bothered about the weight really but they will be lighter than my Wire-bead HRs

SBrock
    Free Member

Seems like I ordered the last pair…..sorry

kane10255
    Free Member

no bother just done the same over at nextday tyres

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

THESE ARE BACK IN STOCK AT MERLIN CYCLES!

🙂

SBrock
    Free Member

Well I got my new HR2s out of the box today, must admit they look a beefier tyre compared to the originals, seem heavier too, well I’m committed now as I have fitted them to my FLOWs soo will see how they compare to my original 60a/42a combo

brokensoul
    Free Member

Get out and ride. Please, post your thoughts. I split an RQ sidewall last weekend and anHR II looks like a replacement.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Highroller II 2.4 60a’ is closed to new replies.