Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis Forkaster on rear
  • wilfstyles
    Free Member

Bought a pair of Forkasters anybody running on rear and if so which way round? Stupid question but do you run with tread opposite way to front

jam-bo

I run one on the back with a shorty on the front. I use it as marked.

wilfstyles
    Free Member

Sound job I shall do the same, cheers brother 👍

tthew

I also have one out back, run in the direction indicated. Might be a bit slidey out front this time of year if your locale is muddy.

wilfstyles
    Free Member

Hoping it’s better than my Onza Canis 😂

Northwind

I tried it for a while, didn’t like it on either end tbh.

I came to recognise it as Maxxis’s own Nobby Nic. Like a wee troll, “look, we can make one of those as well, except better, you can use a sharp tone of voice near it without it puncturing!”. But even a better nobby nic’s still not all that good really.

mjsmke

Got them front and rear and find they work well. Faster and lighter than minions, but less grip. More grip than Nobby Nics though.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Got them on both ends atm on an Oiz, rear is surprisingly good, front let go on me yesterday ( admittedly I was on a trail that was a bit much for the bike) so will be swapping it out for something a little grippier. They roll really well.

jam-bo

I’m on the fence. Three holes from one hit today. It was a big sharp bit of flint though and I was shifting.

devash
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Nobby Nics if used for their intended general XC / light trail riding duties. I run one on the front of my Anthem with a Racing Ralph on the rear with no bother. More grip on the front than a RR or Rocket Ron with hardly any noticeable rolling resistance penalty. I wouldn’t want one on the front of a longer travel trail / all mountain / enduro bike though.

Tempted to try the Forekaster but the size options in 27.5 are limited.

Pyro

2.2 Forekaster on the back, 2.4 Ardent on the front – fast slidey fun.

lawman91

I like the Forekaster front and rear for most terrain, it’s not the fastest or grippiest but seems a good all rounder. Put a dissector up front in the hardtack and liking that so far with a Forekaster out back. Have a Rekon on the back of the Spur, it’s great for groomed trail centre trails, less so on natural stuff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Forkaster on rear’ is closed to new replies.