Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Maxxis Forekaster 2.6″
  • Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just got myself one of these to try out. Going on my Trance – (current setup is Ardent 2.4 front and Ardent Race 2.2 rear). Plan is to put the 2.6 Forekaster on the front and move the 2.4 Ardent onto the back.

Anyone else tried a Forekaster yet? If 2.6 seems to feel good I might even consider 2.6 Rekon for the back.

Premier Icon superstu
    Free Member

Saw these come as standard on the 2018 Whyte 901 so also interested in hearing opinions.

Premier Icon jam bo

Been running the 29×2.3 for a while. Good all rounder, there are better dry tyres and better mud tyres but this copes pretty well with most stuff.

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Dry is fine for me. Very little mud here

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Not tested yet, just giving it 24 hours for the Orange Seal to settle in. Apparently the Forekaster needs pumping up high as it gives/stretches a little. Then I can faff about with pressures. Heaps of space on the back too with the 2.4. Quite tempted with a Rekon 2.6 on the back but will see how the Ardent goes.

2.6 sits quite nice on a 30mm rim.

Premier Icon jam bo

Be interested to know how wide it comes up.

Premier Icon vincienup

Is the 2.6 finally being stocked in the UK a year after the US release then, of did you buy European?

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Neither. Bought fromfnountain bikes direct in Oz.

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Be interested to know how wide it comes up

Defo looks bigger than the ardent. I’ll do a comparison shot tomoz if i remereme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Forekaster 2.6″’ is closed to new replies.