Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis Double Down tyres
  • richwak
    Free Member

Having been waiting for the new tyres from Maxxis to hit the UK as they seem ideal for the type of riding i do. Better puncture protection than Exo without the weight of 2-ply. Asked my LBS to give the importer a call and it seems they’ve made the decision not to bring them onto the uk?? This seems like an odd decision as i’m sure they had them on the stand at the London bike show recently. They are importing the new wide trail tyres but not in double down casing. Anyone have any ideas where i can get these tyres??

SirHC

Keep an eye out on the german sites (Bike24 & Bike Discount). Extra are a bit special, was pretty much impossible to get hold of Maxxis tyres from the end of the summer, they blamed it on swapping distribution companies, which doesn’t really wash.

chakaping
    Free Member

Strange, you’d think the UK would be a key market for these?

At least there are decent tough alternatives from Schwalbe & WTB, among others.

AlexSimon

195g difference is quite a bit though.
    I already feel like I’m pushing my tolerance at 2.3 Minions for general riding.
    It’s the same as the difference between the 2.3 and 2.5 tyres (which would also provide extra puncture protection depending on the cause)

chakaping
    Free Member

Worth it on the rear if you’re riding rocky trails though, IMO.

honourablegeorge

MAxxis seems really slow to get stuff to market. Like Hope, Shimano or Mavic. Which is sort of good from a quality point of view when they do eventually arrive.

I was hoping the Rekons would make an appearance some time soon, but gave up.

stevied
    Free Member

Just had a reply from Maxxis UK: Hi Steve, Tomahawk (26×2.3, 27.5×2.3, 29×2.3) and Aggressor (27.5×2.3) both due in March. Hope that helps!

Tomahawk is available from Alltricks: 27.5″ 3C DD Tomahawk

RickDraper
    Free Member

Ran a Tomahawk and its pretty good but been 3C the nobbles aren’t the most durable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Double Down tyres’ is closed to new replies.