• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis crossmark II on the front for XC?
  • sam_underhill

Anyone run this option?  I’m looking for something that is relatively fast rolling but doesn’t wash out completely on the corners.  I’ll have an ardent race (or ikon, of something similar) on the rear.

lawman91

I would probably run an Ardent Race on the front and a Crossmark II on the rear. My Whyte T130 came with a Crossmark II on the back and there is no way I’d want to run one on the front. Seeing a few bikes for next year with a Forekaster on the front and Crossmark II or Ardent on the rear, which would be a very fast but still capable setup. I run 2.35 Forekaster’s front and rear now and have been very impressed, they roll very well for the tread pattern, seem very tough and durable and the grip is most conditions is pretty good too.

weeksy

Works fine, both my XC wheels/bikes are set up with them front and rear.

Yak

If you have the ardent race and ikon already just go ardent race front, ikon rear. Good fast combo with a little bit more bite on the front.

orangespyderman

If you have the ardent race and ikon already just go ardent race front, ikon rear. Good fast combo with a little bit more bite on the front.

This is what I ran on my XC bike.  It works well.

sam_underhill

Cheers peeps.  No problems with and Ardent Race on the front then?  A normal ardent has a tendency to wash out when half way over in a corner.

Yak

Sort of the same with the ardent race too. But they respond better to a more aggressive lean in to get the edge knobs working. Or for something that works at any angle try the vittoria barzo. TNT G+ is the one to go for.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis crossmark II on the front for XC?’ is closed to new replies.