Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis Compounds.
  • singlespeedstu

Which Maxxis compound is softer Supertacky or 3C Maxx Grip?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.maxxis.com/other-bicycle-information/bicycle-technology/compounds

Maxxis explaining it

3c are 3 compounds in one tyre

<span style=”box-sizing: border-box; line-height: inherit; font-family: Geogrotesque-Semibold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #666666; font-size: 16px;”>3C TRIPLE COMPOUND MOUNTAIN</span><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; color: #666666; font-family: Geogrotesque-Regular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;” /><span style=”color: #666666; font-family: Geogrotesque-Regular, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;”>Maxxis 3C Triple Compound mountain technology uses a harder, longer lasting base layer and two progressively softer top layers in order to optimize traction and stability. Maxxis offers three different configurations of our 3C Triple Compound mountain technology: Maxx Speed, Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.</span>

So a bit more than just which is softer, I’d guess looking at the stats it’s the same stuff on the outside just different under it

singlespeedstu

So you don’t actually know which one is softer then Mike. ;o)

I’d already read that but it doesn’t really answer my question.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the point being it’s not a straight comparison

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought the 3c was more of a concept than a specification.  The actual durometer varies depending on the tyre.  For some reason, Maxxis seem to be particularly cagey with the numbers.

Having said that, isn’t supertacky a silly soft compound for racing only whereas the 3C, maxxgrip/maxxterra/maxxspeed are variations on a theme for more general use tyres?

hols2
    Free Member

3C Maxx Grip offers the ultimate in grip and slow rebound properties

That seems to me to mean that the 3C DH tyres will be at least as soft as Supertacky, but will have 2 harder compounds included as well.

singlespeedstu

<span style=”color: #444444;”>the point being it’s not a straight comparison</span>

Maybe I should refhraze the question to which compound has the lower rebound?

OK i give up with the forum as nothing seems to work as it used to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Compounds.’ is closed to new replies.