• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by maca.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis Assegai stock?
  • mashr

I could do with a new front tyre, but I’m struggling to find the one I’m after. Anyone seen one of these listed (or parked in the corner of an LBS) recently? I’m after an Assegai 27.5″, EXO or EXO+, MaxxGripp (this is where it comes undone) compound.

So far I can either get a MaxxTerra with the right casing, or a MaxxGripp with DoubleDown. Don’t fancy lugging that weight of a front tyre around though

Thanks

sillyoldman

Maxxis really need to offer more MaxxGripp options in Exo/Exo+

I can only find MaxxGripp in DD or DH versions of Assegais.

mashr

Nearly ordered a DH by mistake – that would’ve hurt!

Can get a Michelin Wild Enduro instead, but really fancied trying an Assegai

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

sillyoldman

Maxxis really need to offer more MaxxGripp options in Exo/Exo+

Yup. The maxxgrip dhr2 exo is a bloody masterpiece tbh, not really that much slower but so much better in the wet.

And ironically the also need more Dual versions in EXO+ and DD.

mashr

The maxxgrip dhr2 exo is a bloody masterpiece tbh, not really that much slower but so much better in the wet.

That’s what I’m getting rid of it you want it, EXO in MaxxTerra. Second bike I’ve tried one on and just cannot get on with them for some reason. DHF will replace it, Assegai or Enduro on the front

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

MaxxGripp in DD or DH versions of Assegais

They do exist in EXO+, as I have a few (29″).

Wild Enduro = thoroughly disappointing tyres (F&R).

Northwind

mashr
    Free Member

That’s what I’m getting rid of it you want it, EXO in MaxxTerra.

Thanks but I’m a 29erist

lawman91

Maxxis have a habit of making tyres for brands OE and then not selling them after market. 2.35 Forekaster made in Exo TR MaxxTerra for Canyon as an example yet only Dual compound if you don’t a bike to go with them!

liamvc96
    Free Member

I actually contacted maxxis about a dhr dd dc but I just got some generic corporate answer. Even though I said there is a lot of demand for such a tyre.

As for the OP’s predicament you would have a lot more luck finding something in maxx Terra as I have seen a few people looking for the maxx grip variety assegai to no avail.

If you have your heart set on maxx grip then dd/dh casing are a lot easier to find and only 200gs heavier. After a few weeks your fitness will adjust and you won’t even notice it anymore. Plus better damping and thus more grip.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m sure a few of us could do a better job than Maxxis of coming up with a range of their models, casings & compounds that enduro-ish MTBers would actually want to buy.

Like a Dissector 2.4 in DD / Maxxterra (or DC). Only ever seem to see it in DD/Maxxgrip.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bought a maxxterra assegai DD 29 yesterday for an impending new bike, to be paired with an aggressor on the rear, first time I’ve had matching branded tyres for years! 😬

maca
    Free Member

I purchased from bikester in germany as they had stock. I wasn’t charged any duty as it was below £135.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Assegai stock?’ is closed to new replies.