Maxxis Ardent MTB 26 x 2.25" Kevlar Bead 60A EXO

Home Forum Bike Forum Maxxis Ardent MTB 26 x 2.25" Kevlar Bead 60A EXO

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Maxxis Ardent MTB 26 x 2.25" Kevlar Bead 60A EXO
  • Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

I’ve got one on the back of my hardtail, and the back of my six inch. Really rate them. Fast rolling but decent grip. I have a 2.4 on the front of both bikes too.

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

I have one on the back of my 5 spot and Cotic Soul. Seems spot on to me.

Also have one on the back of my DH/Uplift wheels seem great on them as well.

Seem a good middle ground between Single ply and heavy dual ply options

Premier Icon hairyscary
    Subscriber

Fast rolling, grippier than they look and the EXO protection is a good halfway house between single and two ply.

On the downside the edge on the outer blocks wears pretty quickly.

I have also cut clean through a sidewall first ride (300 yards) while bimbleing along. A bit unlucky really.

bigbadbob

Does anybody have experience of these tyres, thinking of getting one for the back for my Spain trip.

Premier Icon clubby
    Subscriber

Ripped the Exo protection on first ride but never punctured. Stuck it back in place with puncture repair glue and it seems fine. Did pinch puncture it but that was more down to me running 25 psi in really rooty conditions. Grippy but fast rolling on the rear. Not used on the front so can’t comment on that.

bigbadbob

Just ordered one, thanks for the info folks.

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

Fine tyre for climbing, braking and cornering on-the-limit. Total and utter gash if you’re not completely committed. Suspect free handouts to journos bumped its popularity. I have two of the scary blighters cluttering up the shed that you can try out if you’re skeptical. Avoid.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

^Not my experience at all. Totally fine… Got four of them.

Fast rolling and excellent when dry. Not very good on wet rock.

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

i’ve got one on the back, goes up a treat tubeless on stans and seems good so far, does seem a little skippy on braking but is fast rolling.

bigbadbob

I just bought one last week, got it on for 2 rides, Only complaint is the 60A compound, slightly slips out on stuff that my normal Ardent didn’t, but saying that, it looks a lot tougher than my normal one. I feel very safe with this taking it to Spain next week. I run tubes by the way.

cubemeup

i o the 2.4 and the 2.25 exo lust, great in dry condition not so great in the mud.

i found the 2.25 exo lust had thinner side walls than the 2.4 as i ripped it les arcs

ajt123

Hans dampf super gravity?

My mate has geax lobo locos. He says they are indestructable on jagged rock.

Cheap as chips too:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/TYGXLMLFT/geax_lobo_mas_loco_mtb_folding_tyre

From what I hear Spain is very tough on tyres. Just go double ply, I says.

AJT

philwarren11

Bit off topic but has anyone tried the EXO versions of the high roller 2?

trickydisco

Also, On One Chunky Monkey is Maxxis for cheaper:

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/TYOOCM26X24/on_one_chunky_monkey_26x24_tyre

“Size 26 x 2.5 Weight 96g”.. woah.. that’s the lightest DH tyre on the planet!

patriotpro

I have two of the scary blighters cluttering up the shed that you can try out if you’re skeptical. Avoid.

Pretty much agree when used as a front, OK as a back as fast, fat and always felt light when I had it.

I found wear to be quick too. Mine gets used as a spare on weekends away but I wouldn’t buy again.

cubemeup

@philwarren11

i am currently running the HR2 EXO on the front at the moment which is tubeless.

i rode hard pack the other day and to be honest i really didnt like the feel of them cornering.

Minion all the way

philwarren11

Thanks for the info, i wasnt intendeing on running them tubeless. Want something a bit more beefy than my current specialized purgatory on the rear.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

Total and utter gash if you’re not completely committed

he’s right, you know

there’s quite a pronounced gap between centre and side knobs so if you don’t lean it well over there’s a risk of slip – not a great bimbling tyre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ardent MTB 26 x 2.25" Kevlar Bead 60A EXO’ is closed to new replies.