• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxxis Ardent EXO 2.25 run tubeless on Stans Flow EX – any issues?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Anybody using a Maxxis Ardent EXO 2.25 tubeless on Stans Flow EX?
    Just wondering if there are any issues with them blowing off the rim or leaking/burping air?

hora
    Free Member

I can’t help on Stans but I’m running Ardent EXO’s on DT Swiss 6.1 which is supposed to be nye on impossible to make tubeless- the Ardents are quite ‘tight’ and really grip/a bugger to unseat if required. So I think you’ve got the best non-tubeless tyre for the job IMO.

It blew straight up – no hassle or soapy water first time.

twoniner
    Free Member

Im using the standard 2.25 Ardent on Flow EX (front)

Went up tubeless a treat, not a single leak. Had no issues with them at all.

stevied
    Free Member

Not an Ardent but a Minion EXO on Flow. Was a bit of extra work to get it seated but got there in the end.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I was running 2.25 & 2.4 Ardent EXO (f & r) on a set of Sun Ringle Chargers (licenced Stan’s tech, similar to Flow EX).

They were fine in the UK but I burped front and rear massively in the Alps last week.

Seem to be ok with tubes in 😉

jairaj

I’m running Ignitors EXO on Crest and they fine. no problems at all.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m running that exact combo on the rear of my Blue Pig. No problems other than the rim was a pain to tape up as 25mm rim tape isn’t wide enough.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m running that exact combo on the rear of my Blue Pig. No problems other than the rim was a pain to tape up as 25mm rim tape isn’t wide enough.

spanishfly
    Free Member

No problems

cloudnine
    Free Member

I have one.. it was so hard to inflate tubeless that I got my 4 year old daughter to blow it up with a track pump.
    I run it with a st minion dhf and they work well for me

Suggsey
    Free Member

First set of them I tried the air just leached through the sidewalls something rotten to the extent I took them off and only use them on tubed set up.
    Obviously other folk have not had the same issues.

Alex

Hmm I had that tyre on my EX rims and it didn’t go well in the rocks of tenerife last year. Ended up having to put a tube in it. It’s absolutely fine on a set of flows but on the Arch EX I gave up with it after it parted company with the rim a few times.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ardent EXO 2.25 run tubeless on Stans Flow EX – any issues?’ is closed to new replies.