• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Rex.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maxxis ADvantage – any good?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Want em for Sherwood Pines and peaks riding mainly.

Looking for something light, fastish bit still grippy when it gets a bit damp (got mud x for when its a bog)

Cheers

twang
    Free Member

Very good for peaks, not ideal for pines when its a bit soft.. they drag

bland

There the best tyres i have ever ran on rocky stuff, i always just assumed XC tyres just didnt have grip till i used these, they seem to wear well too, definately a good buy!

13thfloormonk

Yep, i’ve run them front and back and they’re fantastic. I’ve got the 60a 2.25 on the front and its brilliant, i’ve never cornered more um, recklessly than i do now 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Dire on the front in the mud. Can’t think of any reason why I’d run one instead of a High Roller if given the choice. Still using them up untill recently on my hardtail. But not ideal. Seem fine on the back though

caledonia
    Free Member

I love mine !
    I have front and back, never slipped on anything, and can out-pin a set of Conti verticals on wet slippy grass *(my mate was gutted !)*

Fast rolling, confident cornering, and i’d dare to say the best all round XC tire for UK condition !

IMHO !!!!!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

cracking tyres. my favourite, along with crossmark (for faster bikes)

Luther
    Free Member

But can anyone find them in UST…?

househusband

But can anyone find them in UST…?

Yup. Have fitted them, but not ridden yet – hope to tomorrow. A bit smaller than I’d prefer; it’d be great of they did, say, the 2.25 in (L)UST.

higgo
    Free Member

I’m very impressed with mine.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the spesh eskar 2 bliss are a very similar tread and are tubeless bead

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

HR front, Ignitor at the back. Smashing.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I like them – come up nice and big although I think the volume is at the expense of a bit of beef on the sidewalls. They seem a bit thin. Saying that I’ve not torn one yet. I like them on the back with a high roller up front – the high roller grips better, esp when conditions are moister.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My favourite all round tyres, plump enough for rocks, fast enough for dry trails, good lines of side knobs for cornering (like all maxxis).

And cheap!

Burchy1
    Free Member

very happy with mine, lots of grip compared to the Conti gravity’s i had on before them.

Rex
    Free Member

I’m with fanylion, HR up front, advantage out back.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis ADvantage – any good?’ is closed to new replies.