• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Maxle vs Maxle Ultimate?
  • STATO
    Free Member

Buying a new frame and need an axle, supposed to need standard 142mm Maxle, but i see now you can get a Maxle Ultimate, presumable as the standard ones have been known to stick/break. Can i just get the new one, or is it yet another thread type / axle length which might prevent fitting. And i suppose, is it even any better!?

Ta.
    Rich.

benpinnick

Yes it works assuming you buy the right one – there are half a dozen options but the 142/12 will work. Yes its much, much better 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Awesome cheers!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rhid

I broke my Maxle ultimate! I (over?)tightened it and the lever snapped off. Probably my fault but just be careful with it. No other axle, Maxel or otherwise, has ever broken on me!

STATO
    Free Member

Yes i did worry that they are now adjustable, so obviously some pin in a slot inside the axle (if the rear is the same as the front).

rhid

Yeah mine was a 15mm front one but I assume they would be the same as the rear?
    The pin snapped and I lost the lever. Like I said I am pretty sure I messed it up but it was very easy to mess up which concerns me. I will stick with my old one for now ever though stupidly thin metal around the lever is all but broken off. The 20mm Maxle on my 2008 pikes is still in pretty much prefect condidition. I want a 15mm version of that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Maxle vs Maxle Ultimate?’ is closed to new replies.