Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxle problem?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I have a 20mm maxle on my revs and a bulb front hub. bearings were changed not too long ago but have noticed a massive amount of play in the front wheel all of a sudden, tightened up the maxle some more and it got better, tightened as much as a dared and didn’t improve. can maxles develop play? do they need replacing?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Check your wheel bearing races havent moved or the split ring gone, I had one move from its seat and it allowed the bearing race to migrate slightly causing play. There is a possibility that your new bearings could already have failed too…again I have a brake side pro 2 bearing go within a couple of weeks on the brake side (running 180mm rotor) on Rev fork.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Sometime a bearing can be damaged on being installed. Depending on how they were installed. Just a thought. Also the bulb hub should have a sleeve in between the bearings. Was this put back in when the bearings were changed? Again just s thought. The end caps combined with the inner race of the bearing and the spacer tube effectively create a continuous axle so as long as all the parts are present and the axle it tightened sufficiently the only thing it can be is a bearing failure.

robhughes
    Free Member

I know the older pro2 hubs have problems with 20 and 15mm adapters.
    They don’t like them.. 😉
    You get a small amount of lateral play so could be the same with the bulbs..

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers, will strip the hub as soon as i have the time, felt inside the hub and all is present and seems correct so i’ll check the bearings and maybe change the circlips.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxle problem?’ is closed to new replies.