maxle experts needed – maxle 'too long' …?

Home Forum Bike Forum maxle experts needed – maxle 'too long' …?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • maxle experts needed – maxle 'too long' …?
  • STATO

They dont work by clamping the legs together, common mistake. The hub is locked between the left leg and the lip on the maxle as you screw the axle in, flipping the QR then expands the axle, locking the RH leg to the axle.

float

oh really! well thats good news that its not broken, but the maxle on the sektor is different and works by clamping the legs together. something they bought out in 2011 maybe? sektors are 2011, lyriks are 2010.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

The pic of the Sektors looks the same as my Rebas with 20mm Maxle…perfectly normal as I understand it.

float

This is how the maxle looks in my sektor fork. the ‘chunky bit’ on the lever end of the maxle, that goes through the right leg, ends before the width of the leg

compare that to the maxle ive got in my lyriks…

…you can see the chunky bit is longer than the hole it sits in. this means that when the wheel is in, the 20mm spacer takes up the space where the extra bit of maxle is in the picture. this then means that the maxle cant clamp the legs togther. im struggling to desribe it properly 😡

anyone know whats going on here? or have a lyrik/domain/totem that can check if its the same on theirs?
    ta.

float

mmm, i know the sektors are normal, i was expecting the same with the lyriks.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

Oops, should read better…I meant to put that my Rebas are the same as the Lyriks, as below. Confused me at first as my Pikes were like the Sektors.

float

thanks a bunch for the clarification pic 😀

STATO

oh really! well thats good news that its not broken, but the maxle on the sektor is different and works by clamping the legs together. something they bought out in 2011 maybe? sektors are 2011, lyriks are 2010.

Im not really up on the various types of maxle available (there seem to be a ton now!) but i think your right in that the newer ones do try to clamp the legs together, probably sick of too many people sending older forks back as they thought there was a fault due to the gap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘maxle experts needed – maxle 'too long' …?’ is closed to new replies.