Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maximum tyre size for Bontrager Rhythm wheels
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have a friend who would like to borrow my rims for a marathon he is doing but wants to keep using his front 2.35 Maxxis super tackie.

Will this roll off/ not fit the rim of the Bontrager?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Don't know specifically but the Big Earl 2.35 I have on the front has been fine, whatever Rhythms that come on a Fuel EX9.

sillyoldman

The Trek DH team use the Duster Scandium rim – exactly the same rim profile – only a little lighter due to the material used and 32H rather than 28H.

You can happily use a 2.5 without roll/wallow issues on them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    solamanda
    Free Member

I've used them on a DH bike with 2.5" dh tyres fine. No less roll than a 'proper dh' mavic 823 tubeless rim. They're pretty wide and give a good bead grip.

MrOvershoot

If they are the same as the rhythm comps I got with my Remedy then they take mahosive tyres as the 2.4 Bonty's it came with are like balloon tyres!

mafiafish
    Free Member

They are better with big tyres, they're pretty fragile and the nipples are cheese.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

mafiafish – Member
    They are better with big tyres, they're pretty fragile and the nipples are cheese.

Why did you have to say that! Next time I am out and hit the wall I am going to try and eat my wheels!
    Some people just don't think before they type, sheeesh…

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maximum tyre size for Bontrager Rhythm wheels’ is closed to new replies.