Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Max Verstappen
  • Premier Icon redmex
    Free Member

He’s the top driver just now in my opinion and fairly decent guy , probably making loads of money but when interviewed he reminds me of Mr bean , more personality than our Lewis but not as much as Daniel Ric

Premier Icon andrewh
    Free Member

Great driver but I really don’t like him, his attitude after that yellow flag incident for example. I’ll be cheering for Albon next year

Premier Icon Kryton57

F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)

Premier Icon LAT

He reminds my wife of Pitt the younger from blackadder 3rd

that aside, he is a great driver. Hopefully there will be some great racing in the future.

Premier Icon shermer75
    Free Member

Phenomenal driver but doesn’t have Hamilton’s sense of fair play unfortunately

Premier Icon mashr

also doesn’t have Hamilton’s rap aspirations- swings n roundabouts innit

Premier Icon PJM1974
    Free Member

I like him.

I don’t have much time for his father Jos, he’s been done for assault and has allegations of domestic abuse hanging over him. Certainly his presence in Max’s team garage hasn’t necessarily been helpful or benign.

Max himself seems to be commendably self-aware and although a ruthless wheel to wheel racer (like a young Hamilton) he’s analytical in a way that Leclerc isn’t. He’ll win WDCs. Whether or not Red Bull will give him a car capable of a World Championship is a different matter, I wouldn’t bet against Max sitting in a Merc for 2021.

Premier Icon jjprestidge
    Free Member

Bit of a brat. Dad is not a nice man. Good driver but overrated IMO, and not a sportsman in the traditional sense (witness all the moving round in the braking zones, etc).

JP

Premier Icon scuttler

I’ve not seen loads of him but what I have he comes across as a right objectionable **** which is unsurprising given his circumstances.

Premier Icon pocpoc

A man with a very punchable face.

Also looks a lot like Selina from Gotham.

I’m sure he’s a very talented driver, but he’s also an arrogant **** – see previous mention by andrewh of yellow flag incident in Mexico.

Premier Icon PJM1974
    Free Member

At least he was honest re the Mexican incident, rather than inviting a stewards’ investigation into whether or not he was aware of the yellow flag. The salient fact is that he’d still have been on pole if he’d lifted, in pressing on for glory he incurred a penalty.

I’m not sure that every F1 driver would’ve been as up front in the press conference.

Premier Icon mav12
    Free Member

i like him , phenominal talent exiting to watch, a proper racer , the brazil race was a master class, wont be long before he gets a wdc

Premier Icon BigJohn

I don’t want the people I admire to necessarily be nice people. I want them to be the best. The two are rarely compatible. And often if they seem to be then the niceness is a PR fiction.

Premier Icon hols2
    Free Member

As above, very talented driver, but arrogant and massive sense of entitlement. He has matured a lot over the last two years, but I think Hamilton has always been a much more disciplined driver on the track so he doesn’t throw points away by taking silly risks in overtaking or defending position – that’s been the key to his success. Hamilton can also be a bit of a dick, but nowhere near as much as MV. MV might be the fastest guy out there, but I still rate Hamilton as a better driver overall.

Premier Icon boomerlives
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s quite as good as all the hype; Leclerc has shaded him this year.

He has calmed and matured and he’s had a better season for it. I prefer him smashing out in a blaze of carbon fibre personally.

He may yet be the trigger of Hamilton to Ferrari. If Merc sign MV, Lewis will be off.

Premier Icon Daffy

Max is, out and out probably the fastest driver in F1 right now, but I recon if you put Lewis and leclerk in similar machinery, max might win more races, but still come 3rd in a championship. When he gets pressured, he becomes volatile and can make mistakes. Lewis thinks of the long game. Leclerc still has a lot to learn.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.