Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic YKSION AllRoad XL Tyres 700 x 40
  • drnosh
    Free Member

Looking to select replacement tyres from the original for my Tripster and to go tubeless for the first time.

These look favourite at the moment, and at the thick end of a £50 each wedge I thought that somebody here might have used them and can offer any comments – Good or Bad before I commit.

Or,

Any better suggestions for 700 x 40 (or thereabouts 35 maybe) that will be better than the &£100 spent here.

Thanks.

trailwagger
    Free Member

What are you planning to use it for? Commuting?

Ioneonic

I’m happy with what I’ve got/had.
    No tread: Compass Bon Jon Pass 35mm, or Compass Barlow Pass 38mm, both tubeless but pricey. I use them on my road bike as well.
    Tread: Panaracer Gravel King SK in whichever width you prefer. Tubeless. I’ve got 40mm on the Fargo.
    I prefer a softer tyre without puncture protection strips etc and don’t mind that the Compass wear out more quickly. I don’t find I miss sidewall protection etc
    But I’m not taking them out on the slop. I use the MTB for that. Or the cross tyres.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

I prefer Spesh to Mavic tyres, well mainly because they’re cheaper 🙂 Easy tubeless setup with them anyway –
    https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/14441/2019-tracer-pro-2bliss-ready/
    https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/14434/2019-pathfinder-pro-2bliss-ready/

or other options on that site.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I always start this kind of search with a look at what Planet-X have on sale.

drnosh
    Free Member

@trailwagger.

I’ll not be using these for commuting. Approx 60% road leading to 40% farm roads, hard packed mud tracks, loose surface tracks, paths across grass areas.

The tyre that the Tripster was fitted with from new is VeeTire T-CX (and with tube).

They have worn pretty well, grip and ride on the road well, but on the road are a bit noisy (buzzy).

Looking for something more road directed. (When I say road, this is small rough back lanes, loose surfaces in many places etc.)

Will have a look at the suggestions, and have a look at on-one offerings.

trailwagger
    Free Member

@drnosh

in that case the mavic would be the last tyre on my list. Above it and probably in this order would be

Schwalbe g-one allround
    Gravel king sk
    Bontrager GR2
    Specialized trigger
    WTB Riddler

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic YKSION AllRoad XL Tyres 700 x 40’ is closed to new replies.