Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mavic XM319 650B ERD?
  • asbrooks

I’ve just bought a 10 month old Boardman fs Pro and find the rims a little on the narrow side.

In a thread on here (I did have it saved in my favourites, but since the site update I’ve lost them all), someone had performed a rim swap on the same set of wheels reusing the spokes. I’m looking to do the same but cannot reliably find the ERD measurement for the 650B rim.

So if anyone has the elusive measurement, please pass it on..

Truth be told, I’m hoping the poster will chime in.

Thanks in advance.

cookci
    Free Member

I have the same bike.

I removed the rims and replaced them with wtb stp i25 from planit x. They were £7.50 per rim plus post.

They are much wider, blow up tubebless nicely and weirdly about 30grams lighter each.

I used the existing hubs and spokes. I would say the spokes are a fraction short so the erd on the i25 must be slightly greater than the mavics. Ive given my wheels a hammering including some good crashes and they are still true

For tyres im running maxxis forekaster and ardent which are massive but there is still plenty of clearance.

asbrooks

@cookci, thanks for getting in touch. After searching through 100s of threads, I actually<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> thought I’d dreamt it. </span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>A quick look on planet reveals they have lots in stock. Just ordered two. </span>

cookci
    Free Member

Ive never posted up about it before so it must have been someone else who did the same thing

I have the boardman ht pro  29er also and i swapped those rims for i25 as well

I never found the ERD of the mavic, i just ordered the rims and crossed my fingers, its a very cheap upgrade which makes a nice difference

asbrooks

Cookci, thanks again!

I must have been dreaming that someone had done the rim swap. As I said I’ve looked through 100s of posts on this forum and others and couldn’t find it.

The 30 gram weight saving you mention will go someway to make up for the gain of the Highrollers.

I can see a busy weekend coming up..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mavic XM319 650B ERD?’ is closed to new replies.