Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mavic XA Pro H2O GTX MTB Shoe users
  • Houns

Luckily I’ve found my perfect MTB/bikepacking shoe, unluckily a couple of years too late. Luckily they’ve popped up on sportspursuit and they have some in my size, unluckily I’ve read reviews saying they come up small.

Anyone on here have a pair? How do you find them for size?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Are these the ankle ones or the trainer style ones?

I got the trainer style ones. I’m an 8 and a half, so either get 8s or 9s. I got 8s – too small, so ordered 9s which fit perfectly.

So, at least for my ones – I would go for a slightly larger size.

Houns

They’re the ankle ones, I’d like a bit of extra room for thick sock in colder weather

smiffy

Ever so slightly narrow for me, but only the same as Shimano. Nice boots for £90.

BadlyWiredDog

They look quite like the old Mavic Scree. My experience of those was that I had to go up half a size or so. It felt like Mavic had sized the boot without taking the extra bulk of the Gore-Tex liner into account. Slightly narrow as well, as above.

househusband

I was looking at these a week or so ago and was undecided having been so used to Shimano winter boots or shoes with a neoprene ankle wrap; one review of the Mavics did suggest that crap can amass behind the heel. Was also unsure on sizing as, despite being a 9/43 in shoes, I’ve always been a 10/45 for Shimano shoes and boots but thanks to the comments above I’ll give the 10’s a go.
    SportPursuit also do a £3.50 return postage which, should they not be suitable, is good for a pair of boots.

dovebiker

I have a pair of the Scree – same boot, just the original name, they’re a great hike-a-bike shoe. Size-up if you want to wear thicker socks for walking/winter etc.

Houns

Hmm I do have narrow feet. I’m a size 10 normally, think may just have to try them, the £3.50 return isn’t bad

wonnyj
    Free Member

I noticed that the ladies ones are better colour (just black) and significantly cheaper on sportspursuit.

I bought the ladies helmet previously, exact same thing but better colour and cheaper #pikeywin!

househusband

Mine arrived an hour ago and I’ve just tried them on; as above I did go for the 10/45.

They’re snug and I wouldn’t say they have a wide fitting as Mavic/SP suggest in the description; if they were any more snug I’d be returning them for refund. No way I’ll be able to wear thick merino socks with them as I would do with Shimano winter/wet weather boots of the same size. They do have a fair amount of padding so they’ll hopefully be warm enough, certainly more padding than the old Shimano MW81’s I have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mavic XA Pro H2O GTX MTB Shoe users’ is closed to new replies.