Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MAvic SLR rim Spoke thread
  • fotorat
    Free Member

I have a siezed and nipple which snapped off flush on the rim. so I now need to know what thread type and diamter of Left hand tap to order!….any ideas.

welshfarmer

I have just removed one this afternoon. I will see if i can find the old nipple and get a reading off it

welshfarmer

I won’t stake my reputation on it but it would appear to be an M7 x 1.0 reverse thread. Comes up as 7mm wide and is definitely half way between an M6 and an M8… and my comprehensive pitch gauge matches best at 1.0. So unless it is something extremely rare or bespoke that is what I would be looking for.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You may not need a tap.

Woodentop
    Free Member

I looked into this the other month, i’d also say M7x1.00 Left hand

njee20
    Free Member

I’d have said they were more coarse than 1mm pitch. Wouldn’t bet on it though, so a pretty useless contribution!

fotorat
    Free Member

SOLVED

It is a M7X1.0mm (LH) – I used my metric thread file to confirm.

1st I tried a tap – but they are not really designed for this purpose so that didnt work

2nd I tried a bolt and i cut 2 small slots into the threads – this went in first time and after a few times in and out the new spoke went in and tensioned up perfectly.

Wheel saved 🙂 – this one was a right nail when I got it (previous french owner!!)

Bent spoke- replaced

All spokes seized – had all of them out and cleaned, lubed and greased the nippled contact area on the spoke. – only 2 snapped and had to be replaced.

3 new bearings

Pawls/springs out – cleaned- regreased

Spoke hole ruined – valved sealed with hot melt glue!

So it looks tatty but should be servicable – its being tensioned and trued today and if it is ok – I will give it its missing stickers!

with the 1.80 bonty on it is very light!!!! 1.45KG

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MAvic SLR rim Spoke thread’ is closed to new replies.