Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic quest pro or spesh purg/ground control
  • RichT

Just got some of the mavic wheels with the 29 x 2.35 quest pro tyres.  Before I set up tubeless do I swap for the 2.3 specialized purgatory and 2.3 ground control (both control casing) which I have in the shed? Specializeds look more grippy…

It is for a hardtail and general messing about in the woods  and bridleways.

Northwind

The purg/GC will be grippier but the quest pro’s actually pretty good- faster than those specializeds and surprisingly grippy. I only got mine because it was a fiver and I needed a tyre quick, but it’s impressed me.

RichT

Thanks. Did you have the quest front or rear?

matt_outandabout

I’m intrigued by the source of £5 tyres…

Northwind

It was CRC! The Quests are on discount pretty much everywhere but that was a good ‘un

@Rich
    I have the quest front, rockrazor rear, on a Soul. Fast and slippy

swanny853

I’d vote specialized. Compared to northwind my experience of the quest was really disappointing. It rolls well and is ok on dead dry stuff or some rock, but I found the compoundc terrible. Anything even a little bit slick and it just gave up. After a weekend in brechfa losing the back wheel on anything off camber and unable to pedal up anything tricky I pretty much have up in it.

To put it in perspective I think an iKON rolls faster and grips better.

RichT

OK, looks like I’m going to swap for the specializeds. Thanks all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic quest pro or spesh purg/ground control’ is closed to new replies.